1 reply to this topic

#1 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:47 PM

hello, all. John Foxhall, the dive instructor who crossed me over from BSAC to PADI Advanced, is running a 5-day San Clemente / Channel Islands trip out of Santa Barbara, CA, this coming September 3-8, 2009. I'm told that 5-day trips are rare, so this is a great opportunity to get to spend some real time out there.

John is also offering a van ride (limited spots available) from San Jose, CA.

---

Channel Islands 5 Day San Clemente Cruise

Dive the California Channel Islands for 5 days aboard Truth Aquatics Vision. We’ll have the opportunity to dive both Northern and Southern Channel Islands including San Clemente, Catalina and Santa Cruz Island. Photograph Giant Sea Bass, Horn Sharks or any one of the countless varieties of nudibranchs. The kelp forests of the CA Channel Islands offer some of the greatest bio-density and bio-diversity on the planet. You might look up for watching a Navanax feeding on a Flabellina iodinea only to see a harbor seal swimming through a school of 100,000’s of sardines. Topside you’ll see dolphin, sea birds and migrating whales along with the spectacle views of the cliffs, caves and rocky shores of the Channel Islands.

This adventure departs Santa Barbara Thursday evening at 10:00 p.m. on September 3 and returns the evening of September 8. For more details, please contact John Foxhall, scubajohn@carmelbaydivers.com.
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#2 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:05 PM

I've posted full details for this trip on the front page:
http://wetpixel.com/...n-sep-3-8-2009/