6 replies to this topic

#1 hydraulicphoto

hydraulicphoto

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:51 AM

Hi
Can someone please tell me if there is anyone who is converting the Sea&Sea 5D housing to take the 5D Mark II body? I had someone from Wetpixel offer to do it and then go dark on me. I'm now stuck with a 5D Mark II body (which I bought after confirming that I could get it done) and a 5D housing.
Thanks.

#2 hydraulicphoto

hydraulicphoto

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:07 AM

Hi
Can someone please tell me if there is anyone who is converting the Sea&Sea 5D housing to take the 5D Mark II body? I had someone from Wetpixel offer to do it and then go dark on me. I'm now stuck with a 5D Mark II body (which I bought after confirming that I could get it done) and a 5D housing.
Thanks.

I've just realized I've posted this in the wrong forum sorry.

#3 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:15 AM

This is probably the best place hydraulic. I deleted your duplicate posting.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

Marc
If the guy went dark, then perhaps you should just suck it up and fork for a new housing. :blink:

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#5 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

Marc
If the guy went dark, then perhaps you should just suck it up and fork for a new housing. :)

Or sell the MK2 at a really cheap price to me :)

Stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#6 hydraulicphoto

hydraulicphoto

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

This conversion doesn't seem to want to die! I had the housing converted by someone on Wetpixels. When he returned the housing, I sold it without testing it on the Mark II. The new owner just contacted me to tell me the the camera fits and most of the controls work well BUT the line of buttons including the menu, info play back etc does not line up with the housing controls. The person who did the conversion has not responded to messages. I seen to remember seeing a photo somewhere on the forums with images of small back plastic button offset adapters. Has anyone any info regarding these offset buttons that may solve my problem.
THANKS!

#7 hydraulicphoto

hydraulicphoto

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:32 AM

FYI, I have now heard back from the person who did the conversion. I apparently missed the part where he posted that this particular row on buttons will not work with this mod. Looks like it's my bad.