• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 riodda

riodda

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

Well after my first 2 rolls apart the color temperature and exposition issues i've also had a lot of focus problems, since i'm a novice scuba diver i'm not yet used to evaluate the distance underwater.
I was planning to build a ragefinde with 2 laserbeams i have but then i found the
HawkEyeŽ Handheld Sonar System PX, it's watrproof up to 60m, from 0.8m to 60m range and 20° angle and also quite cheap, about 100$.
Anybody has used it to focus uw ?

#2 Deep6

Deep6

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

Well after my first 2 rolls apart the color temperature and exposition issues i've also had a lot of focus problems, since i'm a novice scuba diver i'm not yet used to evaluate the distance underwater.
I was planning to build a ragefinde with 2 laserbeams i have but then i found the
HawkEyeŽ Handheld Sonar System PX, it's watrproof up to 60m, from 0.8m to 60m range and 20° angle and also quite cheap, about 100$.
Anybody has used it to focus uw ?

Are you using a range finder camera? Far easier and cheaper is to get a copy and study Jim & Cathy Church's book. The section on manual focusing is what you need.

Bob

Carpe carp - Seize the carp

#3 riodda

riodda

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

Are you using a range finder camera? Far easier and cheaper is to get a copy and study Jim & Cathy Church's book. The section on manual focusing is what you need.

Bob

I'm using the good old nikonos
Easier of a rangefinder ????? Possible ??
I'll have a look to the boo anyway.

#4 Deep6

Deep6

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:47 AM

I'm using the good old nikonos
Easier of a rangefinder ????? Possible ??
I'll have a look to the boo anyway.

The ealry books were written for the Nikonos system. You will find a lot of very useful information in the Church books.
Bob

Carpe carp - Seize the carp