• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10644 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:35 PM

Kiwi shooter Rodney Charters, DP/Director of many TV shows including the run and gun 24, recently tweeted this pic (and with his schedule, you wonder how he has time to tweet?!?), show the beast 24-275 T2.8 Panavision lens mounted on the new Canon 7D. Panavision built that lens mount custom for Rodney.
So now we know US TV has much lower broadcast standards than the BBC, who rejected the 5D2 for even B cam work, and worse ... ratified the XDCAM EX as gold. :wacko:

Sorry for the thumbs and links but I refuse to tweet Rodney for permission. :)Click to see the larger image.

Posted Image

Here is the 135-420 T2.8:

Posted Image

Here is the Panavision mount, specially made for Rodneykiwi:

Posted Image

ViDSLR rocks.... any housing manufacturer wanna house one of those? :(

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:49 AM

So now we know US TV has much lower broadcast standards than the BBC, who rejected the 5D2 for even B cam work, and worse ... ratified the XDCAM EX as gold. :wacko:

:( ;)

Dive safe

Dean(you know it)B
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#3 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2856 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:57 AM

So now we know US TV has much lower broadcast standards than the BBC

Not sure if I would agree. Doesn't the BBC broadcast cricket matches? :wacko:

#4 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:23 AM

Not sure if I would agree. Doesn't the BBC broadcast cricket matches? :wacko:

Could be worse the 'padded pansies' of american football or that weird baseball malarkey ... But then again I don't like cricket either ... More Natural World progs me thinks... :(

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#5 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2856 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:42 AM

Could be worse the 'padded pansies' of american football or that weird baseball malarkey ... But then again I don't like cricket either ... More Natural World progs me thinks... :(

Dive safe

DeanB

Rugby Fan? ;) I have met NFL players and let me tell you I NEVER considered calling them pansies, self preservation mode prevailed :wacko: I am now modifying the Get Dean To Warm Water Fund to Get Dean To Warm Water and American Baseball And Football Games So He Can Have Lots Of Beer And Learn The Games Fund.

(BTW more Natural World programming works for me too)

#6 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:29 AM

So now the 7D is out and so is this film
http://philipbloom.c...f-the-canon-7d/

Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#7 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2856 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:42 AM

So now the 7D is out and so is this film
http://philipbloom.c...f-the-canon-7d/

Steve

It was out within hours of the annoucnement, someone was chomping at the bit for that parady

Other WP 7D Thread