1 reply to this topic

#1 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5844 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:13 AM

I went over to see award-winning filmmakers Howard and Michele Hall tonight and managed to shoot a quick video clip of Howard showing off a rotating stand for his RED ONE camera housed in a Gates underwater housing.

It used to sit under one of their old televisions. Perfect work surface!
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#2 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:05 AM

Love Michelle's new haircut. For those who don't know her, she is in the background waving to the cam. Howard and Michelle both showed up for the Sat. show of the San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition and, as always are a couple of the nicest and warmest people around. It figures that Howard would use a lazy Susan to show off his new housing. John E of Gates held a really nice party for the film makers and committee members that Sat.. Great tuna sandwiches and a bunch of other stuff. Took a tour of their new facility in Poway with John leading and explaining things. They have big hopes for their new housing for the Canon S10 which has been getting so much attention as of late. Both Howard and Michelle turned up as well with Michelle and her new haircut looking better than ever.
Steve Douglas

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.