• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10641 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

I'm sure everyone has heard about the various natural disasters happening in the Philippines, Vietnam, Laos, Samoa, Tonga and Indonesia. Hopefully I'll be organizing some fund raising via Wetpixel to help those millions affected.
To start off, I've organized a trip on the 7 Seas from Oct 15-31 2009 for a trip around the Banda Sea from Maumere, Flores finishing off in Ambon, Maluku. I normally keep the number of people under 3/4 of the ship capacity which is 12 on this trip. I'm offering up one spot for auction to the highest bidder and all money (except port and fuel fees of $575) will be donated in the winner's name to:
https://www.oxfam.or...disaster-appeal
The itinerary is tentatively this:
Day:
1. Maumere
2. Koomba
3. Pantar/Lembata
4. Lembata
5. Alor
6. Forgotten Islands of South Banda Sea.
7. Forgotten Islands
8. Forgotten Islands
9. Forgotten Islands.
10. Manuk
11. Manuk
12. North East Islands of Banda (Koon, Gorong)
13. Banda Neira
14. Nusa Laut
15. Molana
16. Ambon

The itinerary is tentative as it's a mix of exploratory and searching for sea snake behavior. There are a couple of pro photogs on the boat as well as avid amateurs, all experienced in Indonesian diving. It is not just photographers on board which is sometimes a good thing. :D

The cost of this trip is $5440 + $575 fees (port and fuel)= $6015. Internal flights are extra and about $400 to $540 depending on class of flight.
The spot is available to the highest bidder. The starting bid is $5575 (which includes the fees). It's a last minute trip but the money goes to a good cause and you get to enjoy a long trip to boot.
So bid away. You can bid via PM or email. Final bid day is Oct 6th US/Pacific Standard Time.
Good luck to the winner.

PS. For those who cannot make it, Wetpixel is currently trying to organize another way to help. Of course, using that link to Oxfam and donating whatever you can is always appreciated.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10641 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

Opps sorry for that. The bidding ends Oct 6th US/Pacific Standard time.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10641 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:54 PM

One bid US$6100!
Wow you guys had me sweating for awhile there. I was beginning to think I had body odor or something! :(

Drew

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10641 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

Well seeing how that one bid fizzled into a time waster. I've decided to terminate this auction early. Just too last minute for people I guess. ANyone seriously considering this can still approach me via PM or email.

Drew