• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:55 AM

As we all know, the natural disasters all around South East Asia and the Pacific islands have taken its toll on the local population, in terms of lives lost and damage to infrastructure etc. I'm organizing a fund drive to raise money for Oxfam's appeal fund. A few professional photographers, including our own Alex Mustard, Eric Cheng and Doug Perrine, will be offering their pictures for sale as prints of various sizes. The final lineup will be announced Nov 2nd. All profits (after print costs and postage) will be donated to Oxfam for disaster relief.
I'm pre-announcing this to prepare our members and ANYONE ELSE to consider one of these prints as a festive gift choice. The death toll is in the hundreds and many thousands have been affected by the various disasters. Please support Wetpixel's commitment to help those less fortunate than us. Hopefully, this one event will kick start Wetpixel's philanthropic endeavors for years to come.
Here is the link for the picture sales:

http://wetpixel.com/oxfam

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:06 AM

As we all know, the natural disasters all around South East Asia and the Pacific islands have taken its toll on the local population, in terms of lives lost and damage to infrastructure etc. I'm organizing a fund drive to raise money for Oxfam's appeal fund. A few professional photographers, including our own Alex Mustard, Eric Cheng and Doug Perrine, will be offering their pictures for sale as prints of various sizes. The final lineup will be announced Nov 2nd. All profits (after print costs and postage) will be donated to Oxfam for disaster relief.
I'm pre-announcing this to prepare our members and ANYONE ELSE to consider one of these prints as a festive gift choice. The death toll is in the hundreds and many thousands have been affected by the various disasters. Please support Wetpixel's commitment to help those less fortunate than us. Hopefully, this one event will kick start Wetpixel's philanthropic endeavors for years to come.
So please stand by and keep that festive season shopping on hold until you see what is available from Wetpixel's charity drive.

Thanks for doing this; I think Oxfam is also a good choice for channeling funds as compared to some of the other options, and I encourage others to donate directly as well.

Edited by loftus, 04 October 2009 - 07:07 AM.

Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#3 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:57 AM

I hope this is the start of a good thing. I definitely ask people to donate directly but for those who are a little tight on budget, having something back like a print is our way of thanking them for thinking of others. I'm heartened to see that so many photographers are willing to share their hard work for a great cause.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

I'm just about to take off on a boat so this will start once I get back. We will have pictures from Stuart Westmorland, Doug Perrine, Alex Mustard, Eric Cheng, Burt Jones/Maureen Shimlock and a few more.
These generous photographers will be donating some of their most famous pictures for print sales of various sizes. So please stay tuned in November.

Drew

#5 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

This is now getting organized and will release within the week.

Drew

#6 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5844 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:35 AM

Full details online:

The Oxfam Asia Pacific Appeal fund has been chosen as the beneficiary of Wetpixel's first official charity drive. The various natural disasters in the region has taken thousands of lives and made millions homeless. This charity drive is designed to help those in the region get back on their feet by providing food, shelter and later infrastructural repairs.

Nine photographs were generously donated by photographers who feel the need to help those affected by natural disaster. Wetpixel is selling prints of these photographs until January 15, 2010. All proceeds will be donated to Oxfam. More information about the charity drive can be found at:

http://wetpixel.com/oxfam
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#7 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

Thanks Eric and all other donors.

Drew

#8 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

Our first sales just went through!

Drew

#9 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:17 PM

Just added Marc Montocchio's Bryde's whale shot to the gallery. Please have a look and support a great cause. And let non-photog divers know of this sale too. Thanks for the support!

Drew

#10 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:28 AM

Last chance to buy these prints as presents. January 15th is the final day these prints will be up for sale.

Drew

#11 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:36 AM

Ok since Haiti is now the latest country to suffer natural disaster, this charity drive is now closed. Thanks to those who contributed.

Drew