• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:34 AM

The UK Diveshow is less than 2 weeks away, so I thought it was worth starting a thread to see who is going!

Posted Image

(I am not - judging the El Hierro Fotosub in the Canaries, so can't make it.)

Special features this year include an Asian Pacific Showcase, British Isles Experience and Red Sea Zone (with talks - well worth checking out).

You can see a list of speaker presentations here and catch the latest updates here.

For underwater photographers - make sure you go along and check out my pals Saeed and Duxy at the Digital Clinic (15:15-16:30, both days). I hope to be back co-presenting the Digital Clinic at the next UK show with the guys. Another must see is the gallery of winning images from the Sharks In Focus.

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#2 Timmoranuk

Timmoranuk

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1168 posts
  • Interests:Technical diving; open circuit and rebreather, U/W photography, topside photography, travel, aviation and sailing.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:47 AM

I'll be there both days.

Saturday is a social and I'm catching up with some folk who I havn't seen for 15 or 20 years and then heading off for a ruby and beer. I'm taking the camper to crash in (not litterally I hope!).

Sunday will be my nerd day and I'll spend some time at Cameras Underwater and H&P when I hope to be able to evaluate Dyron's fisheye glass.

A visit to Al at VR Tech to get my VR3 upgraded to a HD screen seems a plan. My ageing eyes are starting to find the numbers on the standard screen a little difficult to see - Was that 10 minutes or 100 minintes tts? PPO what? 20/20 or 70/70? lol!

I need to get some more He Wee Go sheaths too. I know you'll all be relieved (pardon the pun) if I don't go in to more detail here... and it'll be good to get some comparitive data from Suunto on the decompression algorythms used on their new HELO2, which I'll soon be wearing alongside my VR3.

I have to search for a new compact Lumb reel as my last one is continuing with its holiday somewhere at St. Johns. Lydia at Oonas will probably get an order from me as CJ is keen to do a proper wreck safari next Easter.

I'll be good to bump into a WP or two. How about meeting outside Seminar Room 19 half an hour before Saeed Rashid & Paul Duxfield Digital Clinic presentation (3.15 - 4.30). If all WP's hop up an down on their left leg, pick their right nostril with a little finger and wear a leek on a lapel then we'll be able to recongnise each other...

Edited by Timmoranuk, 12 October 2009 - 05:53 AM.

· Canon 5D3, 7D & Nauticam housings. Sigma 15mm, Canon 16-35mm, Tokina 10-17mm, Sigma 8-16mm, Canon 10-22mm, Sigma 17-70mm, Sigma 70-200mm, Sigma 120-300mm, Canon 60mm & 100mm
· INON Z-240s & Sea & Sea YS-250 Pros
· SmallHD DP4 monitor & NA-DP4. Fisheye Aquavolt 3500s & 7000s
· Zen DP-100, DP-200 & DP-230

#3 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:08 AM

I'll be good to bump into a WP or two. How about meeting outside Seminar Room 19 half an hour before Saeed Rashid & Paul Duxfield Digital Clinic presentation (3.15 - 4.30). If all WP's hop up an down on their left leg, pick their right nostril with a little finger and wear a leek on a lapel then we'll be able to recongnise each other...

You won't stand out like that in Birmingham

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#4 Nige Wade

Nige Wade

Sting Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:22 AM

I'll be there on Sunday.

Nige Wade

http://www.wadeimaging.com
There's no dignity in diving. Especially as you get older.

Nikon D800 Subal ND800 housing Nikkor 16-35, 60, 105 and a Sigma 15 FE. Inon Z240's. ULCS arms.

#5 John Bantin

John Bantin

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Interests:former Technical Editor of
    Diver Magazine (UK) and www.divernet.com
    occasional contributor
    SportDiver (Aus)
    Undercurrent
    Author of Amazing Diving Stories (Wiley Nautical)

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:39 AM

I might hang around, but only for decorative purposes this year.

I buy my own photographic kit. Diving equipment manufacturers and diving services suppliers get even-handed treatment from me whether they choose to advertise in the publications I write for or not. All the equipment I get on loan is returned as soon as it is finished with. Did you know you can now get Diver Mag as an iPad/Android app?

#6 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 1751 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:44 AM

I might be there Saturday-I've got a meeting that I'm trying to set up-so if it comes off, I'll be there!

I've been full time and active in the UK diving industry fo 15 years, and this is the first time I've been to one!

Adam

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#7 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:25 AM

Looks like me and my girlfriend will be heading there on the Sunday ... She's a new diver so we are going to be buying some goodies and then watching the heroic Paul Watson ...

Oh yeah and we wil be at the bar for the odd cheeky one :P

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#8 ScubaDiva

ScubaDiva

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

I might be going but it depends on whether I end up going to visit some friends in Brum. It'd be nice to put some faces to names if I do! :P
Making up in equipment what she lacks in skill and talent!

www.ecoberry.co.uk

My Flickr page.

#9 Tjsnapper

Tjsnapper

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:48 AM

I'm going up with my girlfriend on Saturday, hopefully catch up with some friends there as well, i need a few bits and pieces plus i promised to buy the other half some scuba gear as well..... ho hum
No diving for 3 weeks-- work work work.
Web:www.tristanjonesphotography.com
Email:info@tristanjonesphotography.com
Blog:Visit My Blog

#10 TimG

TimG

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Location:Paris or Helmand, Afghanistan (yes, agreed, not much difference)
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm water, fine wine, beautiful women. And Manchester City Football Club

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:57 AM

I'm there - representing KBR (Lembeh Straits) with the folks from Tasik Ria (Bunaken). Hope to see you guys......

Tim

(former Dive Manager KBR - Lembeh Straits)
www. timsimages.uk

#11 Timmoranuk

Timmoranuk

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1168 posts
  • Interests:Technical diving; open circuit and rebreather, U/W photography, topside photography, travel, aviation and sailing.

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:39 AM

I'm there - representing KBR (Lembeh Straits) with the folks from Tasik Ria (Bunaken). Hope to see you guys......

On stand 1267 if I'm not mistaken. I'll black my nose Tim. It'll be good to catch up with you again.
· Canon 5D3, 7D & Nauticam housings. Sigma 15mm, Canon 16-35mm, Tokina 10-17mm, Sigma 8-16mm, Canon 10-22mm, Sigma 17-70mm, Sigma 70-200mm, Sigma 120-300mm, Canon 60mm & 100mm
· INON Z-240s & Sea & Sea YS-250 Pros
· SmallHD DP4 monitor & NA-DP4. Fisheye Aquavolt 3500s & 7000s
· Zen DP-100, DP-200 & DP-230

#12 Nige Wade

Nige Wade

Sting Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hey Tim I'll be there on Saturday and will definately drop by for a chat.
Looking forward to meeting you.

Nige Wade

http://www.wadeimaging.com
There's no dignity in diving. Especially as you get older.

Nikon D800 Subal ND800 housing Nikkor 16-35, 60, 105 and a Sigma 15 FE. Inon Z240's. ULCS arms.

#13 ralphy

ralphy

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:riding my motorbike(s)

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:05 AM

Not this year for me, I'm stuck at home post-op an eye operation....... :)

R

#14 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

I will be there on saturday, havent got anything to buy, but that doesnt mean the credit card wont get hammered. I hope to see a few of you guys there. I will be at the bar at 2pm - whos round is it.?

Posted Image

This is me and Lou, come and say hi, we dont bite.

Stew

Edited by stewsmith, 22 October 2009 - 10:18 AM.

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com