• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jsanko

jsanko

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

Howdy all. With the understanding that depth and other conditions may influence the answer, as a beginner videographer with a Canon HD camera likely in an Equinox housing, (haven't bought one yet...) how important are external lights to get a quality finished product? Most cameras work pretty well with low light conditions and with a red filter I figured I would neutralize some of the blue effect. At any rate, I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

#2 ramaroodle

ramaroodle

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

Howdy all. With the understanding that depth and other conditions may influence the answer, as a beginner videographer with a Canon HD camera likely in an Equinox housing, (haven't bought one yet...) how important are external lights to get a quality finished product? Most cameras work pretty well with low light conditions and with a red filter I figured I would neutralize some of the blue effect. At any rate, I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

You might try posting this in the video section.
Andy Bryant (a.bryant@verizon.net)
D300, Subal ND20 retrofit, 2x DS125 w/TTL, 60,105,17-70,10-17, macro mate, mac

#3 Mike L

Mike L

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

I looked in the video section to see if this was reposted, but did not see it. Did I miss something, or does it still need to be responded too??
Mike Luzansky
H2O Photo Pros Underwater Photo & Video THE Underwater Imaging Headquarters
Gates Underwater Video Housings The Ultimate Gates Underwater Housing Resource
Nauticam Underwater Housings The Nauticam Underwater Housing Headquarters!
Marine Visions The Choice for Underwater Professionals

#4 OkiMike

OkiMike

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

You can never have enough light (though you can have it in the wrong place [e.g., all close to the lens]). I recommend at least a two-point source 21w bulbs or greater each.

#5 shoupart

shoupart

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, freediving, kayaking, sailing, and underwater videography

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

You can never have enough light (though you can have it in the wrong place [e.g., all close to the lens]). I recommend at least a two-point source 21w bulbs or greater each.

Some Sola Video 1200 lights would do the trick.
Jason Shoup
Bluewater Photo
Santa Monica, CA
www.bluewaterphotostore.com