#1 CerealKilla808

CerealKilla808

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bought one out of impulse for my girlfriend to take on our dives. They have a new SP8 that has a separate housing you can buy which is only like $70 that allows you to reach ~130.

I originally tested it on the Hilo side of the Big Island just as the sun was setting. In from what I can tell its wasn't going to be the best outfit for low light environments. The visibility off 4 mile that day wasn't that well so I wanted to really give it a chance during the day in some clear water. Today in Kona it was ~9am and the sun was almost perfect. Water was pretty clear in the shallows on the south side of Kahalu'u. I kept to the underwater modes they have setup in the camera, Macro, Sport and Normal. I liked the way some of the photos turned out. Not bad at all for a handheld in my opinion. My only complaint is the speed in which it takes the photo. The time it takes to set the focus and actually open the shutter is significant enough to where I missed a couple good shots. I am patient and so is my girlfriend so I think this camera will work for now. She gets this one, I get the 5D Mark II. :)

Once we take it on a dive with us I will post up photos from different depths if visibility permits.

Here are a couple samples I took today in Kona.

Resized 1600x1200 (PM me if you would like a full resolution photo)

10-12' distance Photo (Underwater Sport mode)
Posted Image

Underwater Macro Mode (Not too bad)
Posted Image

Underwater Sport Mode
Posted Image

Cropped 5-6' distance photo
Posted Image

Dear Intova,

I live on the islands....it says you make these in Honolulu, feel free to send me samples, I can test them, post reviews and mail it back. :)

Edited by CerealKilla808, 24 October 2009 - 10:03 PM.

#2 DesertEagle

DesertEagle

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:27 PM

Welcome to the pond!

That's pretty good with a little camera. You might want to get a bit closer, maybe 2-3 feet. Consider using a Magic Filter (you'll see references all over this site).

Edited by DesertEagle, 26 October 2009 - 03:36 PM.

Canon 30D. Olympus SP-310, PT-030 housing with Sea & Sea 16mm lens. Sea&Sea YS-50 and YS-60 stobes. Heinrichs-Weikamp DA2 adapter. ULCS base & arms. A little Magic (original & auto).

#3 tankboy138

tankboy138

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

I just bought an Intova Sport 8 at an Unclaimed Baggage store, but it didn't come with any of the cables. Will it charge with a USB Cable (if I can ever find one to fit) or do I have to have the charger? If I have to have the battery charger, can you tell me what brand charger it is and any information on where I can find one. I thought this was just a little cheapo camera because all the stuff on the front was rubbed off and when I looked on the battery/memory card cover it had the Intova Sport 8. Got the camera for $27, now just need to be able to charge it