3 replies to this topic

#1 diver dave1

diver dave1

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Interests:chess, u/w photography

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:23 AM

Looking for a dive partner to split a 2 bedroom bure at Wananavu, Fiji. My schedule works best during July - Sept 2010 time frame with July-Aug being preferred.
Plan to dive with Kai Viti divers, which have been praised here by various trip reports.
Below is an example pkg showing estimated trip cost. Its far enough from me, I would likely go for 10 nights or so.

Example package

Open to other locations on the planet during the same time frame if the diving is great and the price comparible. Not really after caribbean diving as I have done a far amount of that already.

Send me a PM if you have interest or better ideas for a location.

thanks,
Dave

Nauticam D7000, Inon Z-240's, 60 micro, 105 micro, Tokina 10-17

www.shiningseastudio.com

#2 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, Aprilia RSVR, VW Vans! www.scubysnaps.com

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:10 AM

Looking for a dive partner to split a 2 bedroom

Open to other locations on the planet during the same time frame if the diving is great and the price comparible.

I hear Maldives is a good spot to try :blink: cant share a room tho sorry, dont think the missus would approve!
Cheers
Paul

*Nikon D90 with Tokina 10-17 & Nikon 60mm, 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Kenko1.4 * 2 x Z240 & 2 x 12 litres...global! *

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>

#3 diver dave1

diver dave1

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Interests:chess, u/w photography

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:38 AM

I hear Maldives is a good spot to try :blink: cant share a room tho sorry, dont think the missus would approve!

If I could fly to the maldives and spend a week for about $2.5K, I would be up for it and would extend to the 9 nights to match your time there - maybe even get there a day sooner to allow more trip recovery time. The resort you were staying looks to be higher priced than that before airfare. My wife would not care if I went to the Maldives without her, I suspect. Its too far for her to want to go.

As for not sharing the room... some would call it narrow minded! I would promise not to watch and would try to keep to merely snickering in the background. Would also promise to avoid cheerleading...(Go Snaps GO!) But being her birthday and all, we have to make allowances.
Yrs ago, stayed in a hotel with paper thin walls. The neighbors got frisky and the bed slammed the wall with a certain pattern, got faster for a time then suddenly stopped. When it stopped, I said loudly..."What's the matter over there, Run out of steam?" I could hear the giggling through the wall.

Nauticam D7000, Inon Z-240's, 60 micro, 105 micro, Tokina 10-17

www.shiningseastudio.com

#4 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, Aprilia RSVR, VW Vans! www.scubysnaps.com

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:51 AM

:blink:
Maybe put a thread up on the travel forum, "Maldives from the USA"?
see if anyones found a good place to get deals from?

.........I'm a sting ray!!!!!

Edited by Scubysnaps, 04 November 2009 - 06:52 AM.

Cheers
Paul

*Nikon D90 with Tokina 10-17 & Nikon 60mm, 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Kenko1.4 * 2 x Z240 & 2 x 12 litres...global! *

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>