ND80 housing conversion for D90

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rumblefish

rumblefish

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photography and wreckdiving. Contributing editor to dive magazines in The Netherlands and Belgium.

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:16 AM

Hi all,
would it be possible to convert a Subal ND80 housing to accomodate a Nikon D90 camera? Considering that the dimensions of both cameras are identical and when in the water I usually only touch the shutter release/focus button, aperture, shutter speed, and occasionally the multiselector and display button. The only thing that appears to be in a different location is the multiselector. I will not use liveview or video.
Best regards,
--Rob

Nikon D600, Nikon D80, Tokina 10-17mm FE, Sigma 14mm, 24mm macro, Nikon 60mm macro, Sigma 180mm macro. Nauticam NA-D600, 45° viewfinder, Subal ND80, GS180 viewfinder. Sea&Sea YS350 and YS90. ULCS arms.

#2 buceo

buceo

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

normaly i think you can, i know people in France who convert sea&sea for D80 to D90

#3 tombu

tombu

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

Hi buceo,

normaly i think you can, i know people in France who convert sea&sea for D80 to D90

can you please give me more information about this?
I also think of modding my DX-D80 :blush:
Greetings
Tom

#4 buceo

buceo

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:28 AM

in this french topic you have pictures of the modification, i think you can contact this man for more information
http://forum-photosu...topic.php?t=889