21 replies to this topic

#21 Chris Bangs

Chris Bangs

Sting Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 05:45 PM

I will be on Guam (my second home) next week,where my new Aquatica S2 housing awaits. If my custom adaptor arrives in time I may put the S2 through some macro test and try to "push the outer edge of the envelope". hehehe, If not may be limited to about 4:1.

I already have 3 pounds of weight strapped to the port to balance it, Boat crews hate me! Hopefully I won't need to invest in a portable hoist when I put the 200 to use.

Next item on the shopping list is a 12 - 24mm, as soon as Aquatica comes up with a special extension ring for that lens.

Good luck in Indo! Look forward to seeing some pics

Chris
Nikon D70s,Fuji S2, And Misc Nikon/Nikonos film gear collecting dust.
Ikelite and Aquatica Housings
Nikon 12-24 mm, 10.5 mm, 16 mm, 60 mm, 105 mm, 200 mm micro. Sigma 14 mm. + stacks of diopters and teleconverters
Many outdated flashy thingys with aluminum tinker toys to connect them to the cameras.

#22 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 09:11 AM

Hi guys, here's my first attempt at super macro w/ the 105 +2xTC

Posted Image

As I said in the other thread, I only had one strobe working for this shot, so I upped my ISO to 200 to get an extra stop. I was able to get this exposure at f16 and the subject is on a relatively flat surface, so it worked ok. Things to work on next time are composition and harsh shadows. It looks like I had plenty of DOF for the shot though.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org