96 replies to this topic

#61 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

Hi Olly, glad you like it, it sure has this Nikon owner traumatized :) , if my lenses pool was not so insanely large I would consider flipping back to the Canon side, thats how happy I am with this housing, on the other hand we are coming out with the D300s housing that will sport all the latest advencement found in the 7D so housing wise I can't complain ^_^

As dealers go, I have Camera Underwater in the UK and you can check other European as well here http://www.aquatica....ers/europe.html

The retail pricing is determined by us, local consideration such as transportation, duties and taxes are not taken into account since these will vary from one country to another, I am not familiar with the duties and taxes structure in the UK, but I know that some mainland european do buy from Camera Underwater so they can't be that far off the mark as Europe dealers goes.

I would like to do the London Dive show as well one day, you blokes seem like a likeable bunch, so I'm sure i'd have a pleasant time at the show.
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#62 betti154

betti154

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

Jean, it's my bday on 31st Jan, so I'll wait by the post for your present.

We've got a virgin wreck to shoot on 6th Feb, so if I get it by that trip I' give you a report on how it handles at 90m+.
Damien Siviero
Canon 5DmkIII + 7D. Aquatica Housing. Ikelite + Inon Strobes. Canon + Tokina Glass.
http://damiensiviero.com

#63 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:15 AM

Well I'll sure try to make this here birthday boy happy ^_^

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#64 aussie

aussie

Tiger Shark

• 544 posts
  • Interests:Diving - most weekends, music, photography

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

We've got a virgin wreck to shoot on 6th Feb, so if I get it by that trip I' give you a report on how it handles at 90m+.

I haven't heard about this one Damo, although it's obviously a little out of my league. Look forward to seeing your shots!
Pedlow Photographics
My Flickr
On Twitter

Canon EOS 7D. Aquatica A7D. Inon Z240's. Canon, Tokina and Sigma glass.

#65 greedo5678

greedo5678

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:31 PM

Just read the review and it only makes me want it more!

But can u explain all the options and extra buttons, dials available? the XIT dial? Are they true aquatica options or are they independent manufacturers trying to better the ergonomics for their own style?

If they are options you do during manufacture, i guess i need to specify as i order. So if there is something i would see useful on offer then tell me all!....

Olly
Kahoy EcoDivers Resort, S. Leyte, PH.
Canon 7D, Nauticam NA-7, Canon 100, Tokina 10-17, Canon 18-55, Twin Inon Z-240s, Anthis Woody Dipotre, homemade snoot.
MY GALLERY

#66 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:00 AM

Just read the review and it only makes me want it more!

But can u explain all the options and extra buttons, dials available? the XIT dial? Are they true aquatica options or are they independent manufacturers trying to better the ergonomics for their own style?

If they are options you do during manufacture, i guess i need to specify as i order. So if there is something i would see useful on offer then tell me all!....

Olly

Hi Greedo5678, the XiT knobs are add on made from XIT technology, usefull when diving with thick gloves, Backscatter sell them not only for our housing, but for many other brands as well, the Aquatica 7D housing, aside from comfortably accessing all controls, the housing come with a port lock, both grips, a sliding tray for removing the camera and a large choice of connectors, of which there is a list below and more type will soon be available in the near future:

2 x Nikonos type manual connector

2 x Optical type connector on which you can connect either the Sea & Sea elbow type cords or the INON type straight cords (up to 4 strobes with the INON type)

1 x Nikonos Manual and 1 x Optical connector

1 x Ikelite type manual conector (an optical connector can be added as well)

1 x S6 type connector (an optical connector can be added as well)

In short if it blinks and goes under, we can connect it :D

On a different note, Damien, I am staring at a beautiful piece a machinery with your name on it that should make this soon to be birthday boy happy :D I will try and get a shot of it today, just to tease you :) , its going out tomorrow to Aussieland

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

#67 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:07 AM

Here is your incoming birthday present, first batch heading south, enjoy old man :)

Cheers

Attached Images

• IMG_1084.JPG

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

#68 betti154

betti154

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

Jean,

That could be the sexiest thing I've ever seen - I'm sitting here with a grin ear to ear! Forget my birthday, it's like all the Christmasses have come at once.

I think it's love at first sight!!!

AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!
Damien Siviero
Canon 5DmkIII + 7D. Aquatica Housing. Ikelite + Inon Strobes. Canon + Tokina Glass.

#69 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:05 PM

WELL AS IT SO HAPPEN, IT THE X-MAS TREE ORNAMENT AROUND IT! :)

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

#70 greedo5678

greedo5678

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

Jean,

Thanks again for answering. I wont need an XIT dial then, i do all my diving in the tropics, where thick gloves arent on the menu! :)

And i will be using Inon 240's so take it their covered (this is my 1st dslr housing so new to this electronic cable stuff) i have optically fired epoques at the moment but cant be doing with the recharge times anymore.

Olly
Kahoy EcoDivers Resort, S. Leyte, PH.
Canon 7D, Nauticam NA-7, Canon 100, Tokina 10-17, Canon 18-55, Twin Inon Z-240s, Anthis Woody Dipotre, homemade snoot.
MY GALLERY

#71 aussie

aussie

Tiger Shark

• 544 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

Here is your incoming birthday present, first batch heading south, enjoy old man :)

Cheers

Jean, I'm hoping there's more than just the one housing in that shipment! Looks great!
Pedlow Photographics
My Flickr
On Twitter

#72 pmooney

pmooney

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Interests:Growing Grapes

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

There is a lot more than 1 housing in that shipment.

#73 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3049 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

That could be the sexiest thing I've ever seen -

Damien, we need to have a talk son. :)

Congrats on the new housing, it is indeed awesome.

Cheers,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#74 AengusM

AengusM

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

Damo .... I too am worried about you :)
You might even end up doing a shore dive next week...can you remember how to walk into the sea, could find you a pier to do a roll off?

Seriously....long shorie next week to work up on it ? and I'm keen to see how it compares to the 5DII housing.

Aengus

#75 betti154

betti154

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

The day that housing arrives, is the day I do my first Sydney shore dive in 3 years - that's how excited I am about this housing. You might even see me sporting this season's open circuit fashion, as I suspect the inspo will be overkill in the 4-5m depth range. All depends how LONG a shorie you want to commit to.

Seriously though, it will indeed be interesting to compare it side by side to the 5DmkII on the same dive. Our challenge will be finding a worthy enough dive site in Sydney.
Damien Siviero

#76 pmooney

pmooney

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Interests:Growing Grapes

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:11 AM

Do a recon for me on the pier at Plunge/

#77 aussie

aussie

Tiger Shark

• 544 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

Damo, just fly up to Cairns, pick up the housing and do some decent divig while you here (ok, decent may not be the correct word given the current conditions and cyclones sitting off the coast).
Pedlow Photographics
My Flickr
On Twitter

#78 Dixter

Dixter

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:46 PM

Did'nt they have an assessory camera housing strap on the web site... I thought I saw it the other day, its gone now..

Just wanted to see what it looked like and how it works... I'm suprised more houseing manufacturers don't have these
straps..

#79 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

Hey, guys. Sterling Zumbrunn had a prototype Aquatica 7D housing on the sailfish trip, and I spent a little time with it. It is really slick -- as always, Aquatica is constantly improving its housings, and the new machining process has made it possible for them to shave off a lot of material. The housing feels small and sleek.

I think I would miss having clear windows for the mode dial and LCD on top of the camera, but I'd probably get used to not having them after awhile.

Great job, Aquatica! I'm told a production run has made it to retailers already. Has anyone taken delivery of their Aquatica 7D housing yet?
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#80 betti154

betti154

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

Has anyone taken delivery of their Aquatica 7D housing yet?

Not yet, but my trigger finger is starting to twitch with anticipation.
Damien Siviero