• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

I sold some footage to a couple of local companies for cinema advertising and finally got to see it on the big screen last night.

My God!!!!! It looks awesome..... I never thought it would look that good blown up that large... I also think there was a clip of Simon Spear's which was bought from istock also... that looked bloody good too!

J

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#2 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:06 PM

I sold some footage to a couple of local companies for cinema advertising and finally got to see it on the big screen last night.

My God!!!!! It looks awesome..... I never thought it would look that good blown up that large... I also think there was a clip of Simon Spear's which was bought from istock also... that looked bloody good too!

J

Cool !!! ... My Malta wreck film was played on a theatre screen a few years ago and that looked pretty cool ... Not as big as a cinema screen but still impressive ...

Well done

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#3 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

Cool !!! ... My Malta wreck film was played on a theatre screen a few years ago and that looked pretty cool ... Not as big as a cinema screen but still impressive ...

Well done

Dive safe

DeanB

Thanks mate, I was blowing my own trumpet a little but was pretty pleased with it.

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#4 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6167 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:30 PM

Outstanding Jon! you must be well chuffed ;) and hopefully richer too :) :)

Join us for our Lembeh and Bunaken Photo Workshop 12-19 May 2014
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#5 col

col

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:59 AM

u/w footage looks great on a big screen - even better if it's yours! ;) Congrats!
Colin Lee | zenfolio/colinlee

#6 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:51 AM

This is another reason why so many shooters whose films were accepted to the San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition fly all the way to San Diego to see their films. The shows are always sold out and it is just amazing to see your work projected in HD on a bigger screen than most movie theaters. I resigned from the SD film committee a few years back but they still put on an outstanding show.
Steve

Edited by steve, 26 November 2009 - 10:51 AM.

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#7 abbottd2

abbottd2

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:47 PM

Often wonder what people are shooting with when they can sell their work. What camera, housing, and lighting system do you use? What editing software are you using?

Thanks!

This is another reason why so many shooters whose films were accepted to the San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition fly all the way to San Diego to see their films. The shows are always sold out and it is just amazing to see your work projected in HD on a bigger screen than most movie theaters. I resigned from the SD film committee a few years back but they still put on an outstanding show.
Steve