3 replies to this topic

#1 paquito

paquito

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

Hello Everyone,
For a planned trip aboard the Star Dancer Rabaul to Rabaul itinerary, can I please get suggestions on where you all would recommend staying for an addtional 2-3 days of tours and diving prior to boarding the Star Dancer. Rabaul Hotel for Jan-Mar is recommended by PeterHughes but it does not seem to have any diving activities listed on its website.

Is there a place for that time with both good accomodations and diving?
Or even a good accomodation along with a dive operator who can make it easy to come dive with them?
Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide.
paquito

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10629 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

Kabaira resort is local run and has accomodation and diving. Rapopo is another alternative. I believe the Hamamas hotel also has a part time DM (that's the one I used a couple of times as well). Just email Bruce/Susie for info.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 paquito

paquito

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:35 AM

Kabaira resort is local run and has accomodation and diving. Rapopo is another alternative. I believe the Hamamas hotel also has a part time DM (that's the one I used a couple of times as well). Just email Bruce/Susie for info.

Thank you Drew.

Rapopo was my first thought, I'll research more...

#4 photomrw

photomrw

Clownfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

Rapopo might be your best bet. Although I have stayed and Hamamas and like Bruce and Suzie, it tends to get lots of ash from Tavurvur
Volcano when it's belching - not good for equipment.