#1 gonetobaja

gonetobaja

Triggerfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

Jaws: Silent Killer

I have worked with some of you in the past. This project I was U/W DP. I got to do this project with Mike Luzansky from H2O photo pros. We shot using the EX-1 system from GATES with the super wide dome port for the Guadalupe and re-enactment footage, and a Z1-U with a Sea and Sea FX-1 housing for the atlantic footage.

Thurs Jan 13th 9pm. 2hrs.
Tune in and have a couple beers.

Dale

Edited by gonetobaja, 05 January 2010 - 03:15 PM.

#2 danielandrewclem

danielandrewclem

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, fish

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

Great white sharks are the ocean's deadliest killers and as they swim closer to our beaches, attacks against humans are on the rise. MonsterQuest leads an expedition to tag the first great white in the Atlantic and divers attach a camera to a live great white shark to examine why these monsters are becoming more aggressive predators.

Who writes this crap?
Flickr 5D Mk II & 20D | Ikelite

#3 Mike L

Mike L

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:35 PM

Where did you find that description, I am very curious. Not sure who writes it. I was hired to film these beauties in the water as they tried to attach a camera to the dorsal fin and find out just what their behavior is like when humans are not around.
Mike Luzansky
H2O Photo Pros Underwater Photo & Video THE Underwater Imaging Headquarters
Gates Underwater Video Housings The Ultimate Gates Underwater Housing Resource
Nauticam Underwater Housings The Nauticam Underwater Housing Headquarters!
Marine Visions The Choice for Underwater Professionals

#4 gonetobaja

gonetobaja

Triggerfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

Who writes this crap?

The TV people...

;)

#5 MIKE POWELL

MIKE POWELL

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Where did you find that description, I am very curious. Not sure who writes it. I was hired to film these beauties in the water as they tried to attach a camera to the dorsal fin and find out just what their behavior is like when humans are not around.

Click on the "Jaws: Silent Killer" site in the original post and you'll find it.

Of course drowning is the ocean's deadliest killer.

Death and destruction sells....brains and conservation doesn't even come close.
Visit My Website

7D Nauticam + Z240's

#6 Tom_Kline

Tom_Kline

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:fishes and invertebrates

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

Who writes this crap?

Are they going to provide proof that they 'are becoming more aggressive predators'? They assert this is so.

Thomas C. Kline, Jr., Ph. D.
Oceanography & Limnology
Canon EOS-1Ds MkII and MkIII and Nikon D1X, D2X, D2H cameras. Lens focal lengths ranging from 8 to 180mm for UW use. Seacam housings and remote control gear. Seacam 150D and 250D, Sea&Sea YS250, and Inon Z220 strobes.

http://www.salmonography.com/

#7 gonetobaja

gonetobaja

Triggerfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

Are they going to provide proof that they 'are becoming more aggressive predators'? They assert this is so.

Thats the hook, ya gotta watch it to find out.
;)

#8 danielandrewclem

danielandrewclem

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, fish

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

Did any of this get filmed off Chatham, MA? When they were putting satellite tags on the white sharks there this summer/fall it was widely publicized that those sharks were the first GWs successfully sat-tagged in the Atlantic, and I know that a film crew was on hand for some of the tagging on Bill "The Greek" Chaprales' boat. (State biologist Greg Skomal had tagged the Woods Hole '04 GW that was stuck in a saltwater pond, but the tag failed and/or came off.)

Anyhow, I hope the show isn't as sensationalistic or loaded with baseless claims as the promo copy I cut-and-pasted from the History Channel link provided above. It's like something straight out of the late '70s.
Flickr 5D Mk II & 20D | Ikelite

#9 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

Well if the TV mob are looking for rising, savage, aggressive, attracts on humans then they should do one on automobiles. ;)

They way they cut us stuff now days... go to an ad break....then recap what they just showed you over and over then drag out the only interesting bit for 30 minutes through another heap of ad breaks.... I think more and more folks will switch off.
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au