Photo
- - - - -

Where to buy ScubaPro hooded vest online?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:35 PM

Hey guys -- do any of you know where I might be able to purchase a ScubaPro hooded vest online? I love the 2.5mm / 0.5mm vest ( http://www.scubapro....its/hooded-vest ), but finally retired my last one (I cut the hood off of it and used it as a vest).
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#2 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1513 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hey guys -- do any of you know where I might be able to purchase a ScubaPro hooded vest online? I love the 2.5mm / 0.5mm vest ( http://www.scubapro....its/hooded-vest ), but finally retired my last one (I cut the hood off of it and used it as a vest).

A couple of places in Australia/Asia (Dive Australia and some Taiwan shop). For US, call Hollywood divers, they will take your order over the phone and ship to you but not real on-line store.
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#3 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2855 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

Found a couple of places thhat had them in stock, mostly ex-US it looked like

Scuba Store

Place in Tx, does not have an on-line cart, but worh a call?

Lone Star

The shop where I got mine is closed until Monday, but if you get into a jam with this, I can give them a call and see if they have them still

#4 CompuDude

CompuDude

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

I think ScubaPro's ban on online sales (in the US, at least) extends to their wetsuit line as well, which is why you can't really find them online among the usual US vendors. Out of the country, on the other hand...

#5 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:39 PM

Search for one floating in the bahamas! Mine was blown off the back of the Shear Water on the last Bahamas trip i did...

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#6 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

Search for one floating in the bahamas! Mine was blown off the back of the Shear Water on the last Bahamas trip i did...

And if you do manage to find it Eric, you might be able to make 2 out of it. :P

(No offence meant there Alex but I know you are built like me) and Eric looks a little bit thinner than us.

Stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#7 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:02 AM

What's this talk about large objects?

I'm going to try to order it from my local dive shop (Bamboo Reef). They said that they wouldn't know if they could do it until Monday. If they can't, I'll call Hollywood (which is where I got my last one).
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos