focus gears for sea and sea dx-200-purchase advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Damo

Damo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Getting close to underwater aliens- and pulling the camera trigger

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

Hi folks,

Was looking into buying a Sea and Sea focus gear for a 10-20mm sigma lens from the U.K that would fit a DX-D200. A phone call to Sea and Sea in the Uk tells me that they dont have the part in stock, will deal with trade customers only, and that I would have to go through an underwater camera gear shop. Sea and Sea UK tell me that by going this route that this would take about 6 weeks.

A subsequent phone call to a UK underwater camera shop I use regularly for all my underwater bits and bobs- revealed that they did not have this part in stock either and that apparently Sea and Sea are not great at sending such gears from the main manufacturer in Japan.
If I was to order the gear now it would take six weeks minimum- but that it could-in reality- take months-or even a year!!!!

Naturally-I'm not too happy about this- I mean- if you order a part from a well known manufacturer's brand such as Sea and Sea- you should get it in a reasonably defined time frame as part of basic sales support yes or am I being naive :P ?? I am inwardly wondering is this a problem for Sea and Sea users in europe in general-or the Uk in particular???

As I am based in Ireland- just wondering are there any other options for buying focus gears from sea and sea from elsewhere- that would readily have them in stock, and would ship to Ireland??
Maybe its just my particular case and what I'm looking for.

Any insights greatly appreciated.
Nikon D200- Sea and Sea DX-D200, YS-90 Auto/Duo strobes: Nikon 60mm/105mm macro : Sigma 10-20mm wide, now also with added Tokina 10-17mm power.

'All animals are equal, tho' some animals are more equal than others.'-Comrade Napoleon

'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets'- Gurney Halleck

Visit My Flickr Website

#2 jcclink

jcclink

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

Check with Joe below. He may be able to help with your part.

http://www.fun-in.co...php?cPath=86_17
Nexus D300, 10-17mm, 12-24mm, 17-55mm, 60mm, 105mm VR
S&S YS110's & YS27's

#3 Stefin

Stefin

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

Also check out my post and save s
http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=15291

#4 Damo

Damo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Getting close to underwater aliens- and pulling the camera trigger

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:56 AM

Guys thank you so much for this advice- deeply appreciated

The great advice I get from everyone on this site- never fails.

Thank u so much
:P
Nikon D200- Sea and Sea DX-D200, YS-90 Auto/Duo strobes: Nikon 60mm/105mm macro : Sigma 10-20mm wide, now also with added Tokina 10-17mm power.

'All animals are equal, tho' some animals are more equal than others.'-Comrade Napoleon

'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets'- Gurney Halleck

Visit My Flickr Website