• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bkkchriss4

bkkchriss4

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:33 PM

What are peoples experience with the Sea & Sea Optical Dome? I am thinking of picking one up to use mainly with the Tokina 10-17 and I like the size of the dome versus a bigger 8-9.5 in dome. I might use it every once in a while with something else, maybe a 11-16 or something wide rect like that, but mainly the 10-17.

Olympus OM-D

#2 kkgodiving

kkgodiving

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Photography, diving, trekking.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:07 AM

I am happy with mine. I used it for my 10.5mm FE and 17-35mm (extension ring required).
www.flickr.com/photos/kkgofootprint

#3 John Bantin

John Bantin

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Interests:former Technical Editor of
    Diver Magazine (UK) and www.divernet.com
    occasional contributor
    SportDiver (Aus)
    Undercurrent
    Author of Amazing Diving Stories (Wiley Nautical)

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

[quote name='bkkchriss4' date='Feb 10 2010, 10:33 PM' post='241066']
What are peoples experience with the Sea & Sea Optical Dome? I am thinking of picking one up to use mainly with the Tokina 10-17 and I like the size of the dome versus a bigger 8-9.5 in dome. I might use it every once in a while with something else, maybe a 11-16 or something wide rect like that, but mainly the 10-17.
[/quote

Excellent!

I buy my own photographic kit. Diving equipment manufacturers and diving services suppliers get even-handed treatment from me whether they choose to advertise in the publications I write for or not. All the equipment I get on loan is returned as soon as it is finished with. Did you know you can now get Diver Mag as an iPad/Android app?