3 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 2985 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:59 AM

Our friends at Sea and Sea are getting closer. Looks like they have enough room for the internal flash to be fully deployed. Here is the link on the Sea & Sea Facebook page. I haven't found it on a regular website yet. One note, while I've been dissapointed with the price point Sea & Sea has announced for the 7D we must remember that they typically include the moisture alarm that are a little extra ($84 US) on the Aquatica and if you need a bulkhead it's an extra $100 on the Nauticam. S&S also announced an $800(US) off sale if you buy a housing and port. Looks like somebody is paying attention. :)

Cheers,
Steve

Edited to remove dumb statements by me.

Edited by Steve Williams, 26 February 2010 - 04:18 PM.

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#2 Andy Morrison

Andy Morrison

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

100 meter/330 foot depth rating looks cool for tech divers.

#3 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1489 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:46 PM

Hi Steve, The Aquatica moisture alarm is 84.00 retail, thats a long way from 200.00, true, it is an option, but an quite an affordable one I would think,

As for strobes connectors we have the Aquatica 7D (and even more choice on the D300s housing) available in various configuration as far as bulkhead goes:

20065 is with two standard Nikonos type connectors
20065-HYB is with one Nikonos type connectors and one optical connector with adapter for both Inon straight type cord or Sea & Sea elbowed type cord
20065-OPT is with dual optical with adapter for both Inon straight type cord or Sea & Sea elbowed type cord (possibillity of up to 4 strobes with straight ended cord or 2 Sea & Sea strobe with their native elbow type cords
20065-KM is with an Ikelite type connector
These are all priced the same at 2799.00 retail

Also availble on special order is S6 type connectors and the upgrade to 425ft depth rating is free when mentioned at time of ordering.
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#4 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 2985 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

My sincere apologies Jean, I must be suffering mental collapse brought on by housing envy. I was wrong about the Nauticam moisture alarm too, Turns out it comes with the housing. I will edit the note above.

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom