7 replies to this topic

#1 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6183 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:05 AM

The winning images of the First Shark Imaging Festival have been announced.

Some very familiar Wetpixel names in there!

Was a tough one to judge, congrats to all the winners!

Shark Imaging Festival 2010

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#2 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:19 AM

Cool; I won something, now I just have to work out how to get to Ningaloo Reef for a day. :)
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#3 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:34 PM

Cool; I won something, now I just have to work out how to get to Ningaloo Reef for a day. :)

Congratulations Jeff that is a great shot, I thought I had mis read some of the prizes. 1 days diving at Ningaloo, what a fantastic prize. lol.

Stew

Edited by stewsmith, 28 February 2010 - 01:36 PM.

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#4 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:06 AM

Cool; I won something, now I just have to work out how to get to Ningaloo Reef for a day. ;)

Hey Loftus, if you send me a forwarding address I can send the other prizes to you also.

For our first ever event the fact that the few dive operators actually came forward with anything is testament to the fact that the site / service is very well received by the shark diving industry. With such a broad spectrum of International members I actively searched for prizes such as the ridiculed day experience trips. I'll be sending you a personal invite Stew if I manage to wangle a day of snorkeling with the much feared Hamble Bobbing Shark for the 2011 event. I'm sure that will make you feel much better. :)

Cheers,
Mark.

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -

#5 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:00 AM

Hey Loftus, if you send me a forwarding address I can send the other prizes to you also.

For our first ever event the fact that the few dive operators actually came forward with anything is testament to the fact that the site / service is very well received by the shark diving industry. With such a broad spectrum of International members I actively searched for prizes such as the ridiculed day experience trips. I'll be sending you a personal invite Stew if I manage to wangle a day of snorkeling with the much feared Hamble Bobbing Shark for the 2011 event. I'm sure that will make you feel much better. :)

Cheers,
Mark.

No worries Mark; never entered for the prizes anyway. In fact when I first posted a portfolio I never realized it was for a competition.
Not really ridiculing, but you have to admit it's a bit amusing, but no different if someone from Oz had won a day out of West Palm Beach. Might not be a bad idea to try to match some of these type of prizes with winners from the area. Hey if someone in the area wants my Ningaloo prize as prezzie, that's cool with me.
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#6 bmyates

bmyates

Great White

• Team Wetpixel
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:UW Photography, motorcycles.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

I was happy to be "Runner Up" in one of the categories. Fortunately, that means I don't have to bother with those pesky prizes! :)

I must say that I think the winners are very deserving - some really fabulous images!

Bruce Yates
www.UnderwaterReflections.com
Canon 5DMkII in Aquatica, 1DsMkII in Seacam, G15 in RecSea...Inon Z240's...too many lenses
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields

#7 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:24 AM

Great shots everyone. Jeff, congrats on your win and you too Bruce (I was there for that shot :-)

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#8 Scubamoose

Scubamoose

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, travel.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

Outstanding job everybody!!!
Well done :)

Cheers
Karel
My Flickr
www.karelbernard.com

Karel Bernard
Canon G9 in Ikelite Housing; SubStrobe DS-160
WA lens Ikelite W-20; Inon UCL-165 M67 Close-up Lenses