• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rstark

rstark

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

Hi guys/gals. I'm doing a little modification to my digital housing and need some UNEXPOSED but PROCESSED slide film (E6). I use it to trigger slave strobes. I used to have some tails laying around but I ran out. If some kind person could throw a few tails in the mail I'd appreciate it. I could send you a couple bucks through paypal for your time. If you can do this for me, send me a PM and I will give you my mailing address.
Thanks.

Edited by rstark, 13 March 2010 - 12:36 PM.

________
Robert

#2 davelew

davelew

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

Hi guys/gals. I'm doing a little modification to my digital housing and need some UNEXPOSED but PROCESSED slide film (E6). I use it to trigger slave strobes. I used to have some tails laying around but I ran out. If some kind person could throw a few tails in the mail I'd appreciate it. I could send you a couple bucks through paypal for your time. If you can do this for me, send me a PM and I will give you my mailing address.
Thanks.

I've found that exposed negative (non-slide) film works nearly as well as unexposed slide film. I feel like the exposed negative film lets through a little more red light in addition to the infrared light, but it's not a major difference and I've never done the measurements.

I discovered this when my local photography shop was out of slide film, so I bought a roll of their cheapest print film, yanked it out of the canister to expose it, and asked them to develop it. The result works pretty well, and I rather enjoyed the odd looks I got while yanking film out of a canister in a photography shop.

#3 rstark

rstark

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

I still would feel better using slide film as I know it works well with the strobes I'm using. So, if anyone has some.....

________
Robert

#4 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

Robert

have you tried looking up local processing labs in the yellow pages and asking them if they had anything along this line? you being in LA there should be plenty of labs that you should be able to get what your need and probably at no cost

D

#5 rstark

rstark

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

I actually worked in a few labs here many years ago. Unfortunately most of the E6 labs (on site) are long gone. I would have to drive into Hollywood to pick some up and with traffic and parking I thought it would be easier to ask on the forum.

Edited by rstark, 15 March 2010 - 09:13 PM.

________
Robert