Photo
- - - - -

UW Photo stores in Singapore or Hong Kong?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RedSeaDiver

RedSeaDiver

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:22 AM

I might have a 24 hour stopover coming up in either Singapore or Hong Kong so I was wondering if there are any stores worth visiting in either city? I remember seeing an ad in a magazine for a store that I think(?) was in Singapore but I can't find the ad now.

Edited by RedSeaDiver, 23 March 2010 - 05:23 AM.

Red Sea Dreaming....

Canon 7D, Tokina 10-17, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 17-70, Canon 100mm macro, Kenko 1.4x Teleconverter, Nauticam housing when it arrives, 2x Inon Z240 strobes, Lowepro Vertex 300 AW backpack.

#2 ornate_wrasse

ornate_wrasse

• PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:59 AM

Although it's not specifically an UW Photo Store, I recommend going to Alan Photo Trading in Singapore.

Alan Photo Trading

I went to their store in Sim Lim Square when in Singapore for a stopover and ended up walking out with 1) a cool umbrella with Nikon on it and 2) an incredibly useful photo vest that I now use all the time when I travel on airplanes.

The vest was well made and very inexpensive, especially after I bargained him down from the original price. As far as the umbrella goes, it was a Nikon promotion item. I walked out of the store and was halfway down the block only to find a store employee running after me with the umbrella, making sure I didn't walk off without it.

Sim Lim Square is a fun place to shop with dozens of shops and you could easily spend several hours there.

Ellen
D300, Subal housing, Focus Fix Light, Tokina 10-17mm, 60mm, Sigma 17-70, 105mm VR, Inon Z240 (2)

www.pbase.com/ornate_wrasse

#3 Kuniei

Kuniei

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:43 AM

I might have a 24 hour stopover coming up in either Singapore or Hong Kong so I was wondering if there are any stores worth visiting in either city? I remember seeing an ad in a magazine for a store that I think(?) was in Singapore but I can't find the ad now.

In Singapore there is scubacam which is an UW photo specific store, practically next door to Sim Lim square... mentioned in the previous post.

Edited by Kuniei, 23 March 2010 - 09:45 AM.

#4 Kilili

Kilili

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

I have used Oceanic Focus in Singapore.
www.oceanicfocus.com
Email: info@oceanicfocus.com
Tel: +65-9067-6304 (Skype)

Never been to the store, or even Singapore, but they've shipped me numerous things in the past few years while diving in Indonesia. Excellent track record, have always received things very quickly, which is sometimes a challenge in Indonesia.
Ken
Kilili Studios
ken@kilili.com

Nikon D2x with Subal ND2, and all that other stuff