Aquatica Still Busy - Port Adaptors (S&S/Subal) and Tripods

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2854 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

Aquatica has announced two more products, port adaptors and a tripod. From the official press releases

AQUATICA INTRODUCES TWO NEW PORT ADAPTERS
Part of new line of products aimed at recreational and professional underwater photographers

MONTREAL, CANADA March 25, 2010 AQUATICA is happy to announce the addition of two new ports adapters, in what will be an extensive line of accessories to help future user to migrate to the Aquatica system.

The first is to accommodate the Subal older generation ports (type 3), it is made of anodized aluminum and fits inside the Aquatica bayonet, and therefore it does not add any extension and all lenses normally associated with their ports can be used starting from the Nikon 10.5mm and on.

The second will accept Sea & Sea NX generation ports, it is also made of anodized aluminum and due to size restriction it does add a small amount of extension, this was calculated to accommodate the popular Tokina 10-17mm without restriction.

Available spring 2010

MSRP: 79.00 USD

AQUATICA INTRODUCES ITS REDESIGNED TLC TRIPOD
Part of new line of products aimed at underwater photographers and videographers

MONTREAL, CANADA: AQUATICA announces the introduction of its totally redesigned TLC underwater tripod.

The inclusion of HD quality video features in the current crop of DSLR as well as the recent advent of HD compact camcorder has increased the acquisition of HD video to unprecedented new levels.

A tripod has always been a useful yet optional tool in low light / long exposure situations using a still camera. In the case of close up video work using a HDSLR or a dedicated video camera, a tripod now becomes a must have tool allowing for rock steady shots

This new tripod version includes a pan and tilt head with large easy to grasp knobs and an extended handle for smooth operation when tracking a moving subject.

Made from specially coated hard anodized aluminum, this tripod will withstand the harshest of environments. Its simple and robust design guarantees that moving parts wont seize from the accumulation of sand or grit. The only maintenance required is a good rinse in fresh water.

The Aquatica TLC Tripod is supplied with three 11 TLC double ball arm sections for support. These can be easily removed and replaced with shorter length arms for a lower point of view. TLC arms come in a variety of lengths and configurations giving videographers endless configuration options.

A single knob adjustment of this cleverly designed tripod allows it to lie flush at ground level for those hard to get ultra macro sequences. With this intuitive design you can work in a fast, discrete and spontaneous manner to achieve those award winning sequences.

Here is what renowned Videographer and book author Annie Crawley has to say about the original TLC tripod:

"I am so happy you have decided to bring this back. I have used the TLC tripod since my very first underwater video system and it is by far my favorite on the market. Mounting it on or off any housing is a breeze! I have used mine for the past seven years! Thank you so much!"

You can see Annies work on her website www.DiveIntoYourImagination.com

These are some of the features included in the Technical Lighting Control Tripod:
Pan and Tilt head with extended handle
Flexible positioning for fast and easy installation.
Designed to accommodate standard 1 ball arm segments as legs.
Hard coated anodizing process protects components from corrosion.
Simple low maintenance design eliminates lock-ups and freezes due to grime.
Standard 1/4 -20 threaded mounts on most housing tripod socket.

#2 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3015 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

Now you tell me! It would have made my recent housing decision much tougher. Is there a picture of the tripod? I want one and haven't even seen it yet.

Cheers,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#3 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8375 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

Here is the tripod. I assume that it can be used on any housing with a tripod mount?

TLC_Tripod_01.jpg

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#4 gbrandon

gbrandon

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

Here is the tripod. I assume that it can be used on any housing with a tripod mount?

TLC_Tripod_01.jpg

Alex

This with a arca style quick release system would be sweet.

#5 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2854 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

Now you tell me! It would have made my recent housing decision much tougher. Is there a picture of the tripod? I want one and haven't even seen it yet.

Cheers,
Steve

Sorry man, only found out from today's announceement.

Edited by TheRealDrew, 25 March 2010 - 12:02 PM.

#6 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:49 PM

Alex

Yes Alex you are right, anything with a tripod hole will fit,

Sorry Steve, but hey, the tripod should fit your future housing :o
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#7 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:06 PM

I posted some more photos on the front page entry:
http://wetpixel.com/...ces-tlc-tripod/
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#8 davephdv

davephdv

Doc Eyeballs

• Senior Moderator
  • 2284 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

Sweet; both the tripod and the Subal adaptor.
Dave Burroughs, Nikon D300, D2X, Subal housing, DS160 strobes

Life is a beach and then you dive.

My Website

#9 Bent C

Bent C

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:59 AM

Yes Alex you are right, anything with a tripod hole will fit,

Sorry Steve, but hey, the tripod should fit your future housing :o

Are there any plans of doing an Ikelite port adaptor (that is Ikelite ports to Aquatica housings)?

Regards Bent C
Bent Christensen
Nauticam and Canon 7D
http://bentmedia.me

#10 DuikKees

DuikKees

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:57 AM

Are there any plans of doing an Ikelite port adaptor (that is Ikelite ports to Aquatica housings)?

Regards Bent C

I was just about to ask the same question.
It would make my future housing choice for the D800 a bit easier.

#11 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:22 AM

This with a arca style quick release system would be sweet.

Absolutely! What I want is a clamp system with a quick release plate on the housing. I suppose you could always just screw a clamp onto the top of the tripod, but that adds even more vertical offset.

I look forward to seeing the tripod on person later on today (at BTS).
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#12 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

We are looking at a Quick release along the venerable Arca Swiss design already, just was not ready for the show :o

And the Aquatica to Ikelite adapter is in the plan as well, we are just not there yet... stay tuned
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively