poor eye sight and diving masks when using a camera

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts
  • Interests:Diving medicine, warm water, scenery...

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

Depending on your prescription, Nauticam's adjustable viewfinder (in conjunction with any adjustment on the camera) may help match the viewfinder to your long-sightedness. I think that it can be adapted to other housings.

#22 John Bantin

John Bantin

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Interests:former Technical Editor of
    Diver Magazine (UK) and www.divernet.com
    occasional contributor
    SportDiver (Aus)
    Undercurrent
    Author of Amazing Diving Stories (Wiley Nautical)

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

I started wearing specs for reading but now need them for long-distance vision too, so now wear varifocals. However, visibility under water being what it is in even the best conditions, I find I don't need to see details far away so I go for the one prescription (plus 3 diopres) for the whole lens. Peter scoones, underwater cameraman, told me he has a lens for close-up in one side of his mask anda lens for distance in the other and his brain sorts it out.

Edited by John Bantin, 02 November 2012 - 11:42 AM.

I buy my own photographic kit. Diving equipment manufacturers and diving services suppliers get even-handed treatment from me whether they choose to advertise in the publications I write for or not. All the equipment I get on loan is returned as soon as it is finished with. Did you know you can now get Diver Mag as an iPad/Android app?