• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lindai

lindai

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 05:48 AM

I just received notification of a recent recall. There is an issue with one of the housing knobs that may cause a small leak problem. Housings are being sent back to Sea and Sea (after obtaining an RMA) to be checked / fixed.

I was sent the notification by the dealer I purchased the housing from ...

Linda
Linda Ianniello - Nikon D200, Sea & Sea housing, Inon ring strobe, dual Inon Z220 strobes, Nikon 60mm and 105mm lenses.

#2 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:39 AM

What the reps got:

"Dear Sea & Sea Imaging Team member,

"Thank you for your support as a Sea & Sea Dealer. We value your business and look forward to a properous future together.

"Our parent company, Sea & Sea Japan has informed us that a few of the S2 Pro housings have developed a leak through one of the bulkheads. For this reason we would like to request that you return any S2 Pro housing that you have purchased from Sea & Sea at your earliest convenience for our evaluation.

"Please go to our web site or call us for an RMA. You can use our Fed-Ex #.
You need to give them our number for your return.

"We will send you a replacement at NO CHARGE as soon as we receive your returned S2 Pro housing. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us service@seaandsea.com or by calling us TOLL FREE at
888 688 8484

"We apologize in advance for any inconvenience."

... and, a message from Andy Sallmon:

"Not as bad as it sounds.

"Sea and Sea Japan has a few S2 housings that have a small leak. So far, no end users housings in the USA have leaked to my knowledge.

"So we are asking our dealers to fedex the housings back at our expense so that we can get any with a problem out of the field and we will be replacing them with new ones."
Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -