• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ssra30

ssra30

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

Has anyone heard anything more concrete about this?
I was away on a trip and I heard from a friend on the trip who is very reliable usually, about D750.
However, he did not say anything about D400. When I got back and checked internet, looks like there is a lot
of talk about both D400 and D750. Another person also confirmed that Nikon should be making official announcement
in the next 2 months and supposedly local distributor is now preparing local language brochure for it.
Unfortunately it is a long holiday in Thailand right now so I can't verify with my usual source probably until
next week :(

Speculate away ;)

#2 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8373 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

Nikon said to me last week not to expect anything big until Photokina in September. But that may have just been a plan to help them shift existing stock of bodies!

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (waiting for housing).

#3 ssra30

ssra30

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:20 AM

I suppose that sounds about right. If Nikon plans to make official announcement in 2 months time which would be around June, I won't expect the camera until sometimes closer to the end of the year anyhow.
I am curious to see how good the D400 will be with high ISO. I assume that D750 will be better but if D400 has a very good usable ISO 1600-3200 or higher, would there be any reason to really go full frame with D750 (assuming AF and other features being relatively the same).
Battery grip for both models will be new with different dimensions from current grips so presumably they will not fit in existing housing so probably it won't be until next year sometimes before somebody will get to use it underwater.

#4 Paul Kay

Paul Kay

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:18 AM

An interesting comment?

http://www.imx.nl/ph...52/page152.html
Paul Kay, Canon EOS5D/5DII, SEACAM/S45, 15, 24L, 60/2.8 (+Ext12II) & 100/2.8 Macros - UK/Ireland Seacam Sales underseacameras & marinewildlife & paulkayphotography & welshmarinefish

#5 Rocha

Rocha

Salty Dog

• Senior Moderator
  • 3073 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:09 AM

Bringing this thread from the second page as some new rumors are starting to pop out around the net:

http://nikonrumors.c...e-pipeline.aspx

They are talking about three new cameras, a possible replacement for the D90, another for the D300s and the third for the D700...

Luiz Rocha - www.luizrocha.com
Nikon D800, Aquatica AD800, Ikelite strobes.

#6 decosnapper

decosnapper

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:10 AM

An interesting comment?
http://www.imx.nl/ph...52/page152.html

Thoughtful and interesting.
Simon Brown

www.simonbrownimages.com

#7 ssra30

ssra30

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:27 AM

Hmmm... my usual source claims absolutely no firm knowledge yet of any new Nikon camera even when I threatened them that I am going to get a 7D :D

#8 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10629 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:33 AM

Just wear a red shirt and threaten to bring the gang to the office, that should get them thinking! :lol:

Khun Boi, still dreaming of vaporware? :D

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#9 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:35 AM

I think one thing we can be sure of, Nikon will introduce at least 3 new DSLR's in the future! :D
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#10 ssra30

ssra30

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:53 AM

Just wear a red shirt and threaten to bring the gang to the office, that should get them thinking! :)

Khun Boi, still dreaming of vaporware? :lol:

Its the dream of Nikon vaporware that made my D2X lasted me all these 5 years :)
Canon just does not have enough vaporware to make me wait and I surely will be broke from
keeping up with buying Canon's newest toy!

Gotta love a company that make you wait and wait some more before taking your money away :D
Unfortunately the red shirt has been kept off Silom and Nik Thailand pretty effectively so far so I can't
use that threat!

Edited by ssra30, 22 April 2010 - 01:54 AM.