• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:32 AM

Not sure how or if this would be used in underwater work but topside shooting is always an important part of any underwater documentary. I was recently sent a highly regarded mic from Holophone called the Porta Mic Pro 5.1 which contains its own Dolby Digital Encoder and captures in 5.1 surround sound. It was widely used by the broadcasters at the recent Vancouver Olympics I have shot test audio with it but haven't begun the workflow. Will report when I have learned a bit more.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#2 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

This was probably the most time consuming review I have ever done but was well worth it. Rather than print the whole thing with graphics here, you can go to
http://www.kenstone....de_douglas.html and read it. I included the workflow as well. You can be sure that with the 3D systems coming soon, this professional piece of equipment or many like it will be just as important to your final production.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.