7 replies to this topic

#1 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

http://gizmodo.com/5...les-next-iphone
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#2 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2856 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

http://gizmodo.com/5...les-next-iphone

Someone is going to get a lecture at Cupertino I woud guess.

Apple has Formal Request In To Have it Returned and ATT has blocked June Vacations. So it could be 4G time. Wonder if this also may be something that is delaying the iPad 3G. If 4G is really coming in June, the 3G in May could be something to hold off on....

#3 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

This is so typical of a planned leak. Just as Android is having a PR moment, someone just happens to find a prototype phone in a bar.. yeah riiiiight. :D
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter

#4 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2856 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:13 AM

This is so typical of a planned leak. Just as Android is having a PR moment, someone just happens to find a prototype phone in a bar.. yeah riiiiight. :lol:

I had that thought myself due to how Apple handles things usually. New TV show in the works, CSI: Apple :D

#5 Walt Stearns

Walt Stearns

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:Diving and underwater photography of course with a little rebreathers, cave diving, marine science and natural history thrown in.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

The leak I am waiting for is Version to offer the iPhone. Having AT&T is like having Windows Vista on a Mac.

#6 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10642 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:41 AM

I agree with Cor. The one employee in China "committed suicide" because he was the leak source. And this guy is still walking around with all his limbs and teeth and IMing? How unApple! :D

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#7 Giles

Giles

International Supermodel

• 2618 posts
  • Interests:water and sun my friend, thats what turns me on.

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

How unApple .. they have made the phone ugly ? why ?

they even just released the ipad with similar looks to the iphone .. and yet this thing is really more htc from last year looking.

edit .. i say ugly but i kinda like it .. i guess i meant they have deviated from their what we have come to think of normal look !
me on the web >> journal / flickr / portfolio
i use >> my camera, eye & stunning good looks

#8 herbko

herbko

Herbzilla

• Super Mod
  • 2128 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

How unApple .. they have made the phone ugly ? why ?

they even just released the ipad with similar looks to the iphone .. and yet this thing is really more htc from last year looking.

edit .. i say ugly but i kinda like it .. i guess i meant they have deviated from their what we have come to think of normal look !

I do like the look of the current version but think it's design is somewhat impractical. The round smooth bottom has such low friction on a smooth surface that a little tap can send it flying off a desk. Mine probably would not have survived more than a few days without a skin. I don't know anyone who uses a naked iphone. It seem such a waste to put in what must have been a great deal of engineering to make it so slim only to have to put a thick rubber skin on it for practical use. I would much rather have the bottom flat and a little more sticky.
Herb Ko http://herbko.net
Canon 5D; Aquatica housing; 2 Inon Z220 strobes; Canon 100mm macro, 17-40mm ; Sigma 15mm FE, 24mm macro, 50mm macro