Heads Up For Those Using SSD Drives Photoshop CS5

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2854 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

Downloading and installing trials pending my software arriving. Actually opened the read me and found this section (not sure if this has always been there in other versions, because I usually never read these things :) )

"2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional hard-disk space required during installation (Photoshop CS5 cannot be installed on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on flash-based storage devices.)"

#2 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:20 AM

On the website thats been modified to 'removable flash based storage devices'. They mean USB sticks and the like, not SSD drives. The OS does not know an SSD drive is an SSD drive. It's just a SATA device like a normal HD.
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter

#3 johnspierce

johnspierce

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:16 AM

I'm sure they are calling OS-specific API's to check if you are accessing a USB port and if so denying it. Otherwise it would be easy to trade your copy of CS5 around to multiple computers, friends and family.
Nikon D7000 | Aquatica Housing | Inon Z-240

#4 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:16 AM

Im not sure what you're saying. You said to be careful with SSD drives. I have an SSD drive, and it doesnt come near any USB. It's a normal hard drive where the OS is concerned.

Cor
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter