2 replies to this topic

#1 Bubble Girl

Bubble Girl

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 05:23 AM

Hi there,

After shooting topside with my D30, i have decided to take those skills below. A problem I seem to run into time and time again is finding the right equipment for the camera! I don't want to change cameras just yet, I know and love my D30.

So far, Sea & Sea seem to be the only makers of housing and compatible strobes, ports, etc. for the D30. Of course, this means they have not much competition and therefore are very expensive.

Can anyone suggest a good start-up kit for taking my D30 underwater?

A big question, I realise, but any advice will do.

Cheers all!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:05 PM

Woohoo! I found it - you owe me a pint Bubble Girl!!!!

http://www.robertwhi...abelLabelCCCHou

Sea and Sea D30/60 housing (while supplies last) 745 pounds!!!

I have never used that dealer and have no idea what his/her service is like - but this is the link I mentioned and have been looking for.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 sean

sean

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 09:58 PM

I don't know if this is appropriate to say in this forum, but I have a UK-Germany D30/60 housing I'm looking to sell (and a D60 as well). It's great but it's time for me to move to a different camera. Drop me an email if you're interested (I'm in Australia at the moment but should be fairly responsive).

Apologies if this sort of talk is not allowed!