• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lou f

lou f

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:37 AM

my d200 bit the dust at 14m (user error on a never used before port...) last weekend so looking into my options which include sell everything and start from fresh.

what i have at the moment that is UW sutiable kit wise is, dead d200, d700, 10-17 FE that may work , needs to be striped and cleaned, 17-35 afs, 105 afd micro, 17-55 afs kit lens, 52mm nikon close up no.2, 77mm canon 500d, 77mm heliopan single element close up, ikelite d200 housing with dead electronics, two ds 125's with 15'' of arms, 6'' 12-24 tolk dome port and a port for the micro lens.

i would like a lighter set up to travle with, 19'' print is the most i do and the 10-12mp flies are fine for this, for me. something that can catch a bit of video once in a while because pictures cant do some fish motion justice. but i need the responsivenes of a slr with dual strobes. accurate ttl metering, 150mm+ macro capability and fisheye on the wide end, double up as a travle camera. as far as i know this UW camera set up doesnt exist (let me know if it does or will very soon).

so is something like a housed panasonics gh1 up to the task with the little strobes from inon, paired with a pair of aiming lights, or take the insurance (if i get it) offer on a d300s set up. or pick up a flip HD.

thoughts welcome.

Edited by lou f, 06 May 2010 - 04:38 AM.

#2 frisco

frisco

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:UW photography, diving, golf, ski, sailing, single malt whisky & Havana cigars

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

so is something like a housed panasonics gh1 up to the task with the little strobes from inon, paired with a pair of aiming lights, or take the insurance (if i get it) offer on a d300s set up. or pick up a flip HD.

thoughts welcome.

Have a look at the Canon G11 with FIX housing and w/a lens .... The Inon S-2000 will do for macro, but may be a little downsized for w/a .... Withe the Inon Z-240 you'll be set both for macro and w/a. Should you popt for a compact SLR have a look at the Canon 550D with either Sea&Sea or Hugyfot housing and Inon Z-240 strobes.

Can't halp you on the video side .....

All the Best ..... Francesco
SENT FROM THE DESK OF:
====================
Francesco De Marchi
mobile: +39 393 9121727
e-mail: francesco.demarchi@fastwebnet.it
web: http://www.flickr.co...tos/friscodive/

Canon EOS-450D, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM macro, Canon EF 100mm f/2,8 USM macro, Tokina AT-X 107 AF DX f/3.5-4.5, Inon 45 viewfinder, Canon 250D diopter, Hugyfot housing & ports, Inon Z240 & D2000 strobes, Lightroom 3.0 and MacBook Pro