2 replies to this topic

#1 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

I just posted a video that shows the effect of diverging and converging images in post:

The effect is not very interesting when viewed cross-fused or parallel (your eyes will adjust for the small offset), and has a more pronounced effect when viewed in some sort of overlay mode. You'll want to click through and use the drop-down to watch with 3D glasses:

If you view it cross-fused or parallel, look for Berkley moving in and out of the frame in relation to the floating text. That (and, some eye strain) is all you'll see because your eyes will automatically adjust for convergence and divergence in these viewing modes. With glasses, you'll see the entire image shift in and out of the window.

High-end boxes can do this with the turn of a knob in real time, but I don't have access to those so I have to burn them in during render.
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#2 UW3D

UW3D

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Underwater 3D still and video photography; 3D equipment, display and publishing.

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

Good example of how the eyes adjust for the convergence/divergence when viewed in this format. It's hard to see the effect, but my eyes do feel the strain when diverged or converged.

#3 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:58 AM

Did you try viewing it in an overlay mode, with glasses?
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos