• Super Mod
  • 2128 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 11:05 PM

Here's a few more. The rest of the album can be found at

http://fototime.com/...D02E6FA09524C50

Herb

[Edited on 6-2-2002 by herbko]
Herb Ko http://herbko.net
Canon 5D; Aquatica housing; 2 Inon Z220 strobes; Canon 100mm macro, 17-40mm ; Sigma 15mm FE, 24mm macro, 50mm macro

#2 kdietz

kdietz

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 05:52 AM

Wow!! Nice group of photos. You've really got your macro down..........wide angle also.

I would be very interested in knowing your camera setup.

Karl
Karl Dietz...Nikon D200...Ikelite iTTL housing...10.5mm...15mm FE...12-24mm...17-35mm...60mm micro...105mm micro...dual DS-200's
www.kdietz.com

#3 laz217

laz217

Salty Pirate

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 03:29 PM

Pavlov's dogs have never drooled as much as I did viewing those photographs. Saying that they're beautiful would not begin to describe them. That place is I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!

Now, there's gotta be some kind of u/w photographers rule against someone getting so many terrific photographs in one trip. You can't do that Herb! You just totally destroyed the Keys for me. Now my weekly weekend trips are gonna have to be to the Solomon Islands.

What else can I say.. Herb... WOW! [bow repeatedly] I'm not worthy... I'm not worthy.
Lazaro Ruda
Soap box: TheLivingSea.com

#4 herbko

herbko

Herbzilla

• Super Mod
  • 2128 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 11:31 PM

Thanks guys. The Solomons are really a "target rich" enviroment. I made 50 dives over a couple of weeks, so this should really count as 2 trips rolled into one.

Laz. I can't say that I feel sorry for you. If I want to dive on a weekend, I have to go into 50 degree water.

Herb
Canon 5D; Aquatica housing; 2 Inon Z220 strobes; Canon 100mm macro, 17-40mm ; Sigma 15mm FE, 24mm macro, 50mm macro

#5 meister

meister

Manta Ray

• Team Wetpixel
  • 478 posts

Posted 03 June 2002 - 12:42 AM

Superb collection of shots!!! Despite all the tremendous shots with great color, I especally like number forty-four, the
siloette shot.
I hope I can do as well with my new DS-125 and Sea & Sea lenses this month in Cozumel.
Canon 5D, 5D MK III, Canon 15, 17-40 & 100mm
Aquatica, Ikelight
donhughes.us

#6 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 03 June 2002 - 05:15 AM

Herb,

Thank you so much for posting these!!!! I am ready to leave for the Solomons now...

For all of you fis "affishianados" #52 is a rare species of hybrid clownfish called: Amphiprion leucokranos which is only found in the Solomons and from time to time in PNG. Great shot Herb!!!

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#7 herbko

herbko

Herbzilla

• Super Mod
  • 2128 posts

Posted 05 June 2002 - 01:08 AM

Good eyes James. Monte, the DM on the Bilikiki, told us the same thing and discribed it before our dive. Just for you affishianados, here's a better view of that fish.

Herb

#8 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 05 June 2002 - 04:54 AM

I must admit, I have more than a passing fancy in these fish. Here is a picture of my spawning pair in my reef aquarium (I mean literally spawning...hehe):

These fish were collected by Dave Palmer's operation, that used to be based in Honiara before the civil unrest forced them to relocate.

Herb, I'd love to hear more about where you saw these fish, if there were any other clownfish living in their anemone with them, etc. Can you drop me a line?

Cheers
James Wiseman
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#9 bobjarman

bobjarman

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 June 2002 - 12:15 PM

Herb, your wide angle shot is awesome!!! such rich colors!!!

Attaboy!!!