• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeepDiscovery

DeepDiscovery

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 10:20 AM

Does anyone know when Sea & Sea will release the new DX10 housing for the canon 10d? Does anyone have any opinions about how this housing compares to the Jonah housing?

Thanks, Bill

Bill Spadie
Canon 5DIII, 17-40 f4L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro
Aquatica 5DIII, YS-90DX(2)
www.wespicsphotography.com

#2 Ychng

Ychng

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 11:31 AM

Hi Bill,

As far as I know, it's been released and is on their updated catalog. At least when I was deciding between the Jonah and the Subal a few weeks ago, Underwater Photo-Tech (UWPhoto.com) was a couple of weeks away from receiving their unit(s)...

I didn't consider it seriously so the dates might be wrong. I ended up going with the Jonah for cost reasons (not the housing so much as the ports). The price difference between the S&S and Jonah is about $100, but the multiple port parts needed for the S&S for say, the 50mm Macro 2.5, adds up quickly.

I would recommend calling Dave Marsh at Underwater Photo-tech, 816-455-1492 if you want to find out more about the Sea and Sea housing, including dates etc. He can give you a quote on the pricing also. Dave has been very helpful throughout the whole process with advice and resolving the few problems we've run into with the Jonah housing, great guy to deal with.

Yeang
Canon, Seacam, my lucky Sigma Fisheye, lucky Inon Strobes. Profoto lighting topside.

#3 DeepDiscovery

DeepDiscovery

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for the quick response Yeang. What do you think of the Jonah housing? I am waiting for a review to be posted but doesn't seem I will see one any time soon.

Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on your new housing. Have you had a chance to use it yet? Can you post pictures?

Thanks, Bill

Bill Spadie
Canon 5DIII, 17-40 f4L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro
Aquatica 5DIII, YS-90DX(2)
www.wespicsphotography.com

#4 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 02:32 PM

Fred Dion from Underwater Photo-Tech was supposed to take the Jonah 10D housing diving right after DEMA. You might want to ask him about it.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org