Seli1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aqua_soul

Aqua_soul

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Scuba & Free Diving, Photography above and below water, Architecture, Graphic Design, Art, 3D Modeling & Rendering, Single Malt Whiskeys :)

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

Close to a year ago, the Seli 1 ran a ground at Table View, South Africa. The owners said they didn't have the proper insurance. Our officials let the crew out of the country and the local residents was left with a new "tourist attraction".
Today it caught a light. Guess we will have any even uglier landmark in the morning. If only it was built from timber.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Scubamoose

Scubamoose

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, travel.

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:26 AM

Well that's not nice!
Any pollution risk to the environment?

Karel
My Flickr
www.karelbernard.com

Karel Bernard
Canon G9 in Ikelite Housing; SubStrobe DS-160
WA lens Ikelite W-20; Inon UCL-165 M67 Close-up Lenses

#3 Aqua_soul

Aqua_soul

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Scuba & Free Diving, Photography above and below water, Architecture, Graphic Design, Art, 3D Modeling & Rendering, Single Malt Whiskeys :)

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:48 AM

Hi Karel

It certainly is not nice and a thorn for most locals.
They say there is no risk as the ship stranded last year and there has been an on going process to remove its load and oil.
What I don't understand is the last report was that there were still 10 000 ton coals onboard. Since that report no further work took place due to winter swell. It s thus difficult for me to understand how 10 000ton of coal does not present an environmental risk.
This morning they say that all oil that was left on the shit burned out in last nights fire.

We will see:(