Safari 5

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TimG

TimG

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm water, fine wine, beautiful women. And Manchester City Football Club

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:14 AM

Hey Guys!

I recently upgraded my Safari to the new Safari 5. I seem to have a strange problem though: when I download video (such as things from YouTube) the page downloads but the frame for the video doesn't appear and there is no video. I can't see that any of the Preference settings are wrong - or indeed anything else. But I cannot get the video to appear. Grrrrr.

Any one got any thoughts on this? Or how I can wind back to Safari 4? I can't see anything on the Apple website. Maybe a visit to a Genius is needed. But, damn, Wetpixel is full of geniuses. Or is that geniei?

:D

Tim

(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)

#2 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:10 AM

It's probably a Flash issue. Try upgrading to Flash 10.1, or enable HTML5 on YouTube (don't enable HTML5 if you use Firefox a lot, though -- you have to have a dev version of Firefox that supports WebM).

Lots of people seem to be having the same problem. Maybe it's the latest installment in the war between Apple and Google...
http://discussions.a...t...t=0&start=0
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#3 TimG

TimG

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm water, fine wine, beautiful women. And Manchester City Football Club

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:51 AM

Many thanks, Eric. Much appreciated. I didn't find this thread when I searched

Nothing is ever simple eh. Grrr. How can Apple have got this upgrade so wrong?

Tim

(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)