4 replies to this topic

#1 Aussiebyron

Aussiebyron

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:22 AM

Hi All,

I am Mark and I from the Byron Bay Area of Australia. I am in the water almost everyday and try and take my camera out as many times as possible. Ryan (AKA Aussie) told me that this is the best place to find fellow underwater photographers and to pick on some great info and tips.

Currently I have a Nikon D90 in a Aquatica housing (Recently Purchased) and have been shooting with the D90 in an Ikelite housing for the past 18months. I also have a Nikon D80, housed in an Ikelite housing. I shoot alot of wide angle, especially of the last 12 months and use my beloved Tokina 10-17mm.......mainly @ 10mm. Have a collection of lenses also for the Nikons (60mm, 105mm, 17-70mm sigma).

I have added my flickr site to my signature as i have posted alot of stuff over the few years. Alot of repeative shots have been added mainly becuase I use some of my shots for ID purposes for Grey Nurse Sharks and also research projects for Manta Rays. Therefore i have a few boring flank shots and underbelly shots.

Hopefully like to improve my passion for photograpghy underwater and met likeminded people with the same passion.

Regards Mark
Nikon D7000 with Aquatica housing called "Deedee", Tokina 10-17,Nikkor 60mm, Nikkor 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Ikelite DS161

http://www.flickr.co...s/22898788@N04/

#2 pmooney

pmooney

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:Growing Grapes

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:50 AM

Hi Mark,
Glad to see you've made your way to Wetpixel.
Have fun.

#3 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:15 AM

Hi Mark,
great to see you here on WP. I've hardly touched video on my D90 so can't offer any of my own observations.
Have a look at this thread that had some discussion about D90 Video settings. I've finally got around to getting a dome
and the 10-17 so I'll probably start playing a bit more with the video in future.

Cheers,
Jim.

My photostream on Flickr My gallery on Redbubble

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.

#4 aussie

aussie

Tiger Shark

• 544 posts
  • Interests:Diving - most weekends, music, photography

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

Mark also forgot to mention that he's won quite a few competitions with his photos, and that he's an amazing guide if you're a photographer diving at Byron. Whether you want to shoot macro or the big stuff, if you're in the Byron Bay area, I'd definitely reccomend diving with Sundive and asking for Mark.
Pedlow Photographics
My Flickr
On Twitter

Canon EOS 7D. Aquatica A7D. Inon Z240's. Canon, Tokina and Sigma glass.

#5 LCF

LCF

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Diving, cave diving, technical diving, underwater photography, and riding horses

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Mark, I just found my way here, and saw your intro! From having admired your photographs on SB, I don't think you need any tips!