jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1315 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

Lumix G2 with 3D interchangeable lens

http://www.engadget....cro-four-third/

Panasonic seam to be pushing 3D like mad

Edited by jonny shaw, 10 August 2010 - 02:56 PM.

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#2 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

All the initial offerings seem to be 40mm+ (35mm equiv). I am eagerly waiting for the first wide-angle offerings!
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#3 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10644 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

Jonny, they are pushing the TVs, that's why. That's why Sony, Samsung, Panny are making that big push. I'm just waiting for a big rush of epileptic fits caused by wearing those LCDs too long playing PS3 or something.
I must say that watching the soccer in 3D at the IMAX cinema in africa was pretty impressive, actually more fun than being in the stadium because you didn't have a vuvuzela blowing in your eye!

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#4 Kimmeineche

Kimmeineche

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Stereo/3D Underwaterphoto/video-graphy, Marinelife and archaeology, diving and building cameraequipment.

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:11 AM

Looks very similar to the lens that my 3D-friend Søren Hertz-Christensen build for Nikonos 5 http://stereoskopklu...eokameraer.html years ago by using a couble of lenses from a consumer pentax camera which he killed just to get the lenses. :-)

Best regards from Kim Meineche!

Lumix G2 with 3D interchangeable lens

http://www.engadget....cro-four-third/

Panasonic seam to be pushing 3D like mad

Edited by Kimmeineche, 11 August 2010 - 05:18 AM.

#5 Kimmeineche

Kimmeineche

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Stereo/3D Underwaterphoto/video-graphy, Marinelife and archaeology, diving and building cameraequipment.

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:16 AM

Hi Eric!

I think it will be impossible to make anything wider than about 20mm (94 degress on fullframe as I remember!!!) from a single lens... so far I am very pleased by using my 2 x 10,5mm on my stereorig..... just came home from fantastic diving at Malta with a bunch of wreck-images! :-)

All the best from Kim! :-)

All the initial offerings seem to be 40mm+ (35mm equiv). I am eagerly waiting for the first wide-angle offerings!

#6 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:00 AM

Yeah -- I'm sure some "proper" dual imaging cameras will be released at some point.

As for your 2 x 10.5mm rig -- I'm sure you are getting some great stuff. I've shot dual fisheye before, as well -- it seems to be the only lens that will work for a non-beam splitter SLR rig. The IA is just too wide for anything with a larger focal length.
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos