• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chrism

chrism

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 02:12 PM

Last few dives have experienced a few drops of water, testing in the bathtub seems to show coming in through the jog dial o ring.

After a week of hemming and hawing over a new housing, resigned myself and got another 015, but I'd like to try to do something with this other one so it doesn't go to waste.

Anyone else ever service the o rings on the 015? That's the problem with cheap housings, easy to total them

underwaterdigital.net, where I bought it, doesn't seem to be viable any more
Canon 300D, Aquatica A300, Dual YS90-DXs, Canon 18-55 mm, Sigma 15 mm FE, Canon 50 mm Macro

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 02:29 PM

Marc Furth has posted a link in the past for a place to buy Orings of all sizes and types. Why don't you try a search on his posts?

That's where I would start at least. Then you have to figure out how to remove the old o-rings and replace - but usually that isn't too hard.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 Marc Furth

Marc Furth

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Do it yourself afficionado

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:32 PM

Most bearing supply stores sell o-rings, look under bearing in your local yellow pages.
You should first take out the old o-ring so it can be matched.

Marc
Nikon D3, 16mm Nikkor,14-24 Nikkor,24-70 Nikkor, Sigma 15 mm New DIY housing,Nikon D2x, DIY housing, Ikelite Strobe 400's, twin iTTL housed Sb 800's, Sigma 14 mm, Tamron 90 mm, Nikkor 80-400 VR, Nikkor 18-200 VR, Tamron 180 mm macro, Epson Pro 4800 printer.