Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:35 AM

Is there an easy route to take to remove small traces of CA in images in PS/Lightroom.
Also is there anything I can do when taking the shot to prevent CA occuring or is it something that just happens. I have a few shots that I can see it on, whilst other people cant see it. As I know its there I dont want it there.

All help - tips and tricks welcome.

Stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#2 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3045 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

Hey Stew,
Which lens are we talking about? LR3 has the C. abberation slider built into the Lens Correction set. Appears to work well for lenses that it has the data for.

Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#3 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

Hey Stew,
Which lens are we talking about? LR3 has the C. abberation slider built into the Lens Correction set. Appears to work well for lenses that it has the data for.

Steve

Well well well if you shout loud enough Mr Lightroom appears. lol

Thanks for the answer Steve, it wasnt actually CA after all, it was some over sharpening artefacts. Theyre gone now, but thanks anyway. I must get myself some lightroom tuition. I keep finding myself pressing the PS icon instead of the LR3 on my desk top. Its a habit I need to get out of. I even got out my old underwater photoworkshop dvd to resolve the issue.

Cheers once again matey

Stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#4 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, Aprilia RSVR, VW Vans! www.scubysnaps.com

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

I just used it today (probably for the 1st time!) on the edge of a manta, it doesn't get rid of it, it just matches the colour of the object, fairly easy....get Scott Kelby's book on LR thats all I've used..hell of a read tho!
Cheers
Paul

*Nikon D90 with Tokina 10-17 & Nikon 60mm, 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Kenko1.4 * 2 x Z240 & 2 x 12 litres...global! *

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>