• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 davichin

davichin

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1104 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:43 AM

Late to the game but I concur that the first one is the best and the adjustments look good.

Good luck in the competition.

Cheers

Todd

I think exactly the same...including the good luck wish!
D300, D7000. 10.5, 10-17, 16, 10-20, 17-70, 60, 105, 150 Hugyfots, Subtronic Novas, Seacams 350, YS250s, YS-D1s
Aqualung Team
www.davidbarrio.com

#22 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2098 posts
  • Interests:Diving medicine, warm water, scenery...

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:18 AM

Okay...went back and started over with the original RAW file.

What a great image! The shape, sharpness and colours work really well in this version. Have you calibrated your monitor so that you can avoid the red cast in future?

Tim

;)

#23 DiverPam

DiverPam

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

What a great image! The shape, sharpness and colours work really well in this version. Have you calibrated your monitor so that you can avoid the red cast in future?

Tim

;)

Tim - thanks. I have calibrated it. Using the Spyder 3 Express. Question -how often should one do this?

And appreciate all the good luck wishes -DiverPam

Nikon D90 in Aquatica Housing, Tokina 10-17mm, 60mm macro, 105mm macro, Sigma 17-70mm, + Ikelite DS 161 and DS-125 strobe combo  www.flickr.com/photos/pammurph/

The Fin Foundation

#24 Damo

Damo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Getting close to underwater aliens- and pulling the camera trigger

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:44 AM

Hi Pam

Good luck with the entries- without doubt- image no. 1

ps. If you do win- you're gonna have to split the prize 24 ways (and counting)

;-)
Nikon D200- Sea and Sea DX-D200, YS-90 Auto/Duo strobes: Nikon 60mm/105mm macro : Sigma 10-20mm wide, now also with added Tokina 10-17mm power.

'All animals are equal, tho' some animals are more equal than others.'-Comrade Napoleon

'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets'- Gurney Halleck

Visit My Flickr Website

#25 TomR1

TomR1

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

I don't like the square crop so I like the last crop. However, I'd like to look at a vertical crop before you submit.

Tom

#26 DiverPam

DiverPam

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

YEAH - I placed in an UW photo contest! Thanks for all of the feedback and help guys. Just got an email from Aggressor - I got 3rd place! Not even up on the website yet - later this week.

Plus...last night I opened the latest edition of Underwater Photography Magazine and Alex used one of my pictures in his article "Heavy Metal" - which was about wreck photography and specfically the Kittiwake.

So...in my world it does not get much better than this in one week. :)

Now...get to decide which Aggressor Trip in the Carribean that I want to take. Nice to have choices - DiverPam

Nikon D90 in Aquatica Housing, Tokina 10-17mm, 60mm macro, 105mm macro, Sigma 17-70mm, + Ikelite DS 161 and DS-125 strobe combo  www.flickr.com/photos/pammurph/

The Fin Foundation