• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10635 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

Shot at Wildscreen in Bristol 2 weeks ago, the WWF living planet report. Interesting statistics including our rate of consumption of resources have sky rocketed to the point we need 1.5x the resources of the planet to meet this consumption. It also shows the poor are suffering the biggest brunt of the consequences of our consumption. The report can be downloaded here:
http://assets.panda....ads/lpr2010.pdf

[vimeohd]15832563[/vimeohd]

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 acuevas

acuevas

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:32 AM

I think that the mayor problem with us is that we only act when we see the problem, if we don't see the problem then we do whatever we like.
I personally think that we must respect the earth not because of the environmental problems, but because we simply must respect it.

The kind of thought like "If it's not broke don't fix it" doesn't work for me.
Because we cannot fix extinction, and I'm talking about our extinction.

After seeing the oil spill in the gulf of Mexico and after reading things like death zones in the ocean, I think that we have the power to kill our planet. I'm not talking about the species living on the planet, I mean the planet it self.
If you look at the planet as a whole, the earth is one big living creature. If it's alive, we can kill it.
Regards
Andres Cuevas

Nikon D7000, Tokina 10-17, Aquatica AD7000, Aquatica Mini Dome, 2xInon Z-240 type 4.
flickr

#3 MIKE POWELL

MIKE POWELL

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:56 AM

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE! :D

Let's work on controlling human population growth (touchy subject I know!) by spending less resources on saving human lives and more on saving our environment!?

We're just pissn' up a rope without attempting both concurrently.

Mike
Visit My Website

7D Nauticam + Z240's

#4 cdoyal

cdoyal

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE! :D

Let's work on controlling human population growth (touchy subject I know!) by spending less resources on saving human lives and more on saving our environment!?

We're just pissn' up a rope without attempting both concurrently.

Mike

"Less resources on saving human lives?" Really? It's no wonder more people don't take "environmentalists" seriously!
Nikon D7000, D200, Aquatica housings, Nikkor 60 and 105, Tokina 10-17, Z240s, DS125s, TLC arms
Sony HC9 in L&M Bluefin housing with 1000 LED lights.

#5 MIKE POWELL

MIKE POWELL

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

"Less resources on saving human lives?" Really? It's no wonder more people don't take "environmentalists" seriously!

:D Like I said it's a touchy subject!

Have a better solution? Let's hear it please!

Mike
Visit My Website

7D Nauticam + Z240's