• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 limeyx

limeyx

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

I'm happy to announce that my article on diving the UB88 World War I German submarine that is sunk off of the coast of California will be in the next issue of California Diver magazine.

This is a pretty new magazine so I'm trying to give it all the support I can to give it a good start and ensure it's around for a long time to come.

I am hoping to have an article in the 3rd issue also if it is accepted.

Nick

#2 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2854 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

I'm happy to announce that my article on diving the UB88 World War I German submarine that is sunk off of the coast of California will be in the next issue of California Diver magazine.

Congrats Nick and fingers crossed for Issue #3 for you. (Moved your post to Members in the Media BTW)

#3 limeyx

limeyx

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

Congrats Nick and fingers crossed for Issue #3 for you. (Moved your post to Members in the Media BTW)

Thanks Drew, I didn't spot that section!

#4 vetdiver

vetdiver

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Running, hiking, attending beer festivals, and coveting shoes and new dive gear.

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:22 AM

Nick,

I really enjoyed your article - we have been itching to dive that sub, and now I know I REALLY need to get my doubles rig back together asap!!

I think this mag has a lot of potential, though I have noticed some editing issues (in general, not in your piece) that could be addressed. I hope Chris is able to gain the help of a skilled proofreader going forward. I love having detailed information about California dive sites!

Andy S and I had a little piece on La Jolla Shores in this issue, and I believe we have something local (San Diego-based) in for the next, as well - hope to meet you in person at some point!

Best, and congratulations :)

Allison
Canon 7D_Subal housing_ YS250 strobes

www.avitsky.com

#5 limeyx

limeyx

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

Thanks Allison! The sub is a really nice dive (but check out the Jan/Feb issue for something even better :)

I also hope the magazine survives as I love print magazines. I am submitting as much stuff as I can to try to help it get going...

Nick

Nick,

I really enjoyed your article - we have been itching to dive that sub, and now I know I REALLY need to get my doubles rig back together asap!!

I think this mag has a lot of potential, though I have noticed some editing issues (in general, not in your piece) that could be addressed. I hope Chris is able to gain the help of a skilled proofreader going forward. I love having detailed information about California dive sites!

Andy S and I had a little piece on La Jolla Shores in this issue, and I believe we have something local (San Diego-based) in for the next, as well - hope to meet you in person at some point!

Best, and congratulations :)

Allison

#6 seainggreen

seainggreen

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Diving... obviously... both recreational and technical diving<br />Motorcycling and road racing; I ride a GSXR600<br />Living life to its fullest<br />I help misguided youth find brighter tomorrows!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

Way to go Nick! Fancy seeing you here! :)

#7 limeyx

limeyx

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

Way to go Nick! Fancy seeing you here! :D

Heh, thanks! Looks like I have an article in the Jan/Feb 2011 issue too...

#8 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2854 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

Heh, thanks! Looks like I have an article in the Jan/Feb 2011 issue too...

Nice going again, congrats.

#9 limeyx

limeyx

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:25 PM

Nice going again, congrats.

Thanks. The next article is going to be on diving the (presumed) "USS Burns" off of San Clemente Island, a really awesome Fletcher class destroyer sunk for target practice in the 70s, sitting in 220-270 feet.

gary fabian from www.ub88org was kind enough to let me use his research, and dan bramley allowed the use of his stills (my camera wont work at those depths)

This is IMO the best wreck in Southern California....