12 replies to this topic

#1 Dupsbear

Dupsbear

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

You may have read the posts about my mini dome port for Nexus housings at http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=34878.

Response has been so great and users have been so pleased, that I now have some for sale.

Posted Image

Actual dome diameter 4 3/4 inch. Port comes with o-ring, port shade and Allen wrench for tightening shade to port.

Port works with Tokina 10-17 mm lens, with or without a Kenko 1.4X teleconverter, Nikon 16 mm, Sigma 28-80 macro with a 40 mm port extension, Sigma 17-70 with a 40 mm port extension. Nikon 10.5 mm lens will vignette without a teleconverter. Other lenses may work, but haven't been tested yet.

More information and a You Tube demonstration video at http://www.creativei...om/portsale.htm.

Price $360 USD + actual shipping costs.

Thanks for looking,
Barry Guimbellot
www.creativeillusionsphoto.com
www.marinekeywords.com

#2 Dupsbear

Dupsbear

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

You may have read the posts about my mini dome port for Nexus housings at http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=34878.

Response has been so great and users have been so pleased, that I now have some for sale.

Thanks for looking,
Barry Guimbellot
www.marinekeywords.com

I forgot to add that I now have a few M6 size ports as well as the M5 size.
Thanks,
Barry

#3 Dupsbear

Dupsbear

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Posted Image

More information and a You Tube demonstration video at http://www.creativei...om/portsale.htm.

Price $360 USD + actual shipping costs.

Thanks for looking,
Barry Guimbellot
www.marinekeywords.com

To help get the word out, I am having a sale until July 1, 2011.

The Nexus M5 thread size version of my port with shade is on sale for $320 with FREE USPS Priority shipping within the continental United States. Foreign shipping will be discounted.

Don't miss this opportunity to get a great dome at an even better price.

Barry
www.bareports.com

#4 Jesper64

Jesper64

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

Do you sell the adapter for Sea&Sea housings too? I can't seem to find one selling online.

#5 folivier1

folivier1

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:50 AM

How about Subal housings?
For that price I'd like to get one (type 4 port) to play with.

#6 Dupsbear

Dupsbear

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

Do you sell the adapter for Sea&Sea housings too? I can't seem to find one selling online.

I do not sell adapters for other manufacturers, but I am told that Sea & Sea does make an adapter to mount Nexus ports on their housings.

Barry
www.bareports.com
www.keywordworkflow.com

#7 Dupsbear

Dupsbear

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:20 AM

How about Subal housings?
For that price I'd like to get one (type 4 port) to play with.

I haven't heard of a Nexus to Subal port adapter, but I am sure if there is a company making one you can Google it online.

We are having great responses to our ports, which work for extreme wide angle to close focus wide angle.

Barry
www.bareports.com
www.keywordworkflow.com

#8 bversteegh

bversteegh

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Diving, woodworking, computers, reading, racquetball

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

I have the bare mini-dome on a sea and sea mdx housing (MDX 40D). I bought the adapter from divervision in Taiwan - significantly cheaper than anything I could find in the states. The dome worked well with the Tokina 10-17 - with and without a 1.4x teleconverter.

http://www.divervisi...art.php?sort=0a

Posted Image
komodo 2010-5219.jpg by bversteegh, on Flickr

The above scorpionfish picture was taken with the teleconverter and the minidome.
Canon 40D in Sea & Sea Housing, Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye, Canon 60 & 100 mm macro, 2 Inon 240's, 2 YS110 Strobes, Canon S90 in Fix Housing
http://www.flickr.co...tos/bversteegh/

#9 Dupsbear

Dupsbear

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

I have the bare mini-dome on a sea and sea mdx housing (MDX 40D). I bought the adapter from divervision in Taiwan - significantly cheaper than anything I could find in the states. The dome worked well with the Tokina 10-17 - with and without a 1.4x teleconverter.

The above scorpionfish picture was taken with the teleconverter and the minidome.

Great shot Bruce!! Glad the port is working well for you!

BTW- I just tried the port with a Nikon 60mm micro lens and it works great, of course this combination would be where you need close ups, but still want the land angle of view.

Barry
www.bareports.com
www.keywordworkflow.com

#10 Dupsbear

Dupsbear

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

The Bare Dome Port keeps producing great images without distortion on the edges.

Posted Image

Supply for the Christmas season is limited, so order your's now.

Of course, this image is keyworded using the MarineLife Keyword list from Keywordworkflow dot com.

Barry
www.bareports.com
www.keywordworkflow.com

#11 divephilippines

divephilippines

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Dive and Travel

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Dear Barry,

I would like to know if you still make the Domes for Nexus housings and your estimated delivery time.

I am from Spain, living in the Philippines but shipment could be done to my brother in the US. We also participate at some international diving shows in Asia (Tokyo, Singapore, Malaysia, HK), Europe (Spain, UK) and hopefully at DEMA this year, in case you also visit or exhibit, it would be a good opportunity to pick it up there or at least to meet you..:)

By the way, for using the Tokina 10-17 with and without Kenko 1.4x, do I need any extension?

I would also like to know if you include a spare O-ring and if you sell the back & front port covers...

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Thanks and warm regards

Carlos

#12 Dupsbear

Dupsbear

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Yes, we have M6 ports in stock.  Nexus still makes M5 ports, but their housings now all support M4 or M6 ports.  For this reason, we have decided to also discontinue M5 ports, but we have a couple of M5 ports still available.

Thanks for asking,

Barry

www.bareports.com

www.keywordworkflow.com

#13 Rajesh

Rajesh

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hi, you can find some sample photos in my album https://www.facebook...65767612&type=3

Each wide angle photo was made with this dome.