No replies to this topic

#1 Paul Kay

Paul Kay

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:35 AM

I've been having a sort out and rummaging through my bits and pieces I unearthed an old Seacam housing for the Nikon F90 film camera. Its in fairly good condition with slight signs of a knock on one of the flash mounts but has been cannibalised and currently has no flash sockets (but blanking plugs have been fitted) nor viewfinder (its of current fitting type). All controls are in place and it has a smallish coated dome port and an extender ring (please note that these have the older screw thread fit and CANNOT be used with current Seacam housings (although no doubt they could be converted for use with many housings if anyone has the relevant engineering skills), nor are these ports still available from Seacam. To be perfectly honest I am loath to just chuck this housing and as its gathering dust I'm open to ANY offers on it and will charge shipping at cost. I haven't tested it so although I assume it to be waterproof I cannot guarantee this and it will need servicing (anyone buying it as a DIY project should do this themselves) so I'm not thinking of demanding a fortune for it!!! It might well make a useful 'surf' housing with a small camera inside or be usable for various other projects. It will need a viewfinder or suitable 'plug' (I will supply it with a Seacam 'plug' but don't know whether this is waterproof and although it looks like it may well be, it is made of black plastic material so can't be viewed through. Its a small, light housing, beautifully made and its a real pity to waste it.

I also have an EOS1N housing (current port fitting) which I can sell for a song if anyone wants such a housing!
Paul Kay, Canon EOS5D/5DII, SEACAM/S45, 15, 24L, 60/2.8 (+Ext12II) & 100/2.8 Macros - UK/Ireland Seacam Sales underseacameras & marinewildlife & paulkayphotography & welshmarinefish