5 replies to this topic

#1 Diverhai

Diverhai

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hi am new here in the forum.

I have the HD550 New housing for the SONY HDR-CX550.

Have the first test's done in the indoor pool and fully enthusiastic. The housing has a new desing, nice and small, super OLED display. A super wide-angle equivalent of 92 viewing angle. Did the housing with the additional option bought white balance. This button is super easy to make the white balance, I recommend any additional white balance function. The case is super easy to use from the handle.

And the whole case for just over 3000

I am fully satisfied with the housing HD550.

http://www.sealux.de/s1e.htm

Posted Image

I will soon have a light system to buy who has experience with Sealux or other light equipment?

#2 uwxplorer

uwxplorer

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

Congrats on the new housing!
Just be warned that the CX550 appears to be temperamental as far as white balance at depth is concerned (check out a couple of threads on that topic in the forum). MWB in the pool is one thing. MWB at depth appears to be a whole other kind of ball game. Have fun!
Concerning lights, check out peterbkk's thread on the SOLA 1200 from L&M: L&M Sola 1200. He hasn't tested them with wide-angle yet, and I am very curious myself about the outcome. From my experience with the CX550 with WA90 lens, the lights need to be VERY bright and VERY wide. The lights I was using turned out to be way insufficient.
Best,
X.

#3 Diverhai

Diverhai

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:46 AM

So now I've finally done it. Here my first test video swimming pool.

The housing is just fantastic.

Here the Video

#4 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:26 AM

What controls does the housing supply? What glass is used for the port?
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#5 Diverhai

Diverhai

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

You have an electronic control on the right side as far photo,Tele, Record, on and Off

Look in the Sealux Hompage Video housings / Sony special / http://www.sealux.de...ony/e-hd550.htmHDR-XR550VE

#6 Diverhai

Diverhai

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:39 AM

Zur Linse es ist ein Glas Dom.