#61 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3055 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hi Furball,
Welcome to Wetpixel! It appears that the H2O photo folks haved closed down the website and are out of business. They were/are changing to a company called White Shark Imaging but that website is currently down for maintenance.

Cheers,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#62 scuba e

scuba e

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

I am in their backyard and it made no difference. I played nice and then after months I got aggressive. it worked but I had a very poor experience. I never did get what i ordered. I ended up with a great product but I think it was just to keep me quiet. After reading these complaints I think I was wrong to stay quiet.

#63 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

(merged the two H2O Photo Pros threads)
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#64 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10645 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

I merged all 3 now.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#65 dbramley

dbramley

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

Mike is a joke, I ordered a used gates housing and Z1U from him, it was one of his customers. It took over 2 months to get it from California to Arizona, after I had paid him!!! He would never return my calls and on one occasion when I did talk to him he told me he would get right on if after he got back from his 2 week dive trip!!! I called my awesome sales rep from gates and after that he finally called right back and I got my stuff. He is a horrific business individual and I wouldn't spent a dime with him!!! If you are friends with him and reading this, sorry to be this way but he also did the same thing to a friend of mine about some video lights. Stay Away!!!

#66 scuba e

scuba e

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

I jest rode by the shop. It is gutted. They are gone. It is a bummer, these situations will continue to push people to the mega-online stores and kill the small "mom&pop" places. My experience sucked but at least having a shop tp walk into and talk options I ended up with a much better unit than I would have if I just ordered the Ike housing I was going to. So I guess there was some good to it.

#67 furby076

furby076

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

Hi Furball,
Welcome to Wetpixel! It appears that the H2O photo folks haved closed down the website and are out of business. They were/are changing to a company called White Shark Imaging but that website is currently down for maintenance.

Cheers,
Steve

Hey Steve,

So they shut down from H20 and are re-opening as White Shark Imaging? I will have to contact them. One of the reasons I bought from them is because they said they were purchasing a dive shop in my area (Philadelphia) which means they would have a repair shop. The advantage is they would do free repairs since I bought from them. I hope that wasn't a pipe dream.

Thanks for the info though!

Regards

Furball
The Nudibranches love my Nauticam!

#68 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3055 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

So they shut down from H20 and are re-opening as White Shark Imaging? I will have to contact them. One of the reasons I bought from them is because they said they were purchasing a dive shop in my area (Philadelphia) which means they would have a repair shop. The advantage is they would do free repairs since I bought from them. I hope that wasn't a pipe dream.
Furball

I would consider that clearly in the pipedream category. The shop is closed and they may be reorganizing under the Whiteshark name to do some commercial video shooting or ???. First I've heard of a Philadelphia connection.

The closest full service underwater photography shop to you may be Backscatter East in Derry NH. They provide lifetime tech support with every housing they sell. I never heard of anyone doing free repairs. Derry would be a long drive but if you want to hold the equipment and get good advice it might be worth the trip for you. (Might have to wait for spring to get there :island: ) Reef Photo and the other advertisers here are only a little brown truck away.

Cheers,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#69 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:16 AM

I never heard of anyone doing free repairs.

Free repairs would be a really good way to end up out of business...

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com

#70 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10645 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

For those who've paid and not received their goods, you can file a complaint against them at the ICCC. The ICCC will forward your complaint to the relevant authorities.
Alternatively, you can make a direct complaint to the AG of CA state.. That should get the ball rolling on the complaints side. But seriously, if you paid by credit card, just claim fraud and report the incident. Then buy again if you can from more reputable stores.
Don't expect to get anything back from this store. It's gone!

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#71 CoastalRick

CoastalRick

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

I'm another "former" H2Ophotopro customer who got hosed...they sold a Gates housing for me - however, I never got paid! I got tons of excuses during the last month before they well out of business. Bought about $6,000 of stuff from Mike when he first opened in NB. Hoped he was going to make a go of it, however, all we got in the last six months was promises. If he sticks his head up again hope someone will post the info on this forum to insure that "we" can file action against him!

#72 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10645 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

Seriously, all those aggrieved must make a report to the ICCC for internet fraud. Then there'll be a case file on him with the FBI as well. Do your part for the community to stop fraudsters from getting away.

Drew

#73 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:07 AM

It's a sad day when some one, purporting to be a part of our community, rips us off. I am still of the believe that a person's word is their bond and one that should be taken seriously. Where are the morals of these individuals? I'd be embarrassed to show my face.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#74 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2856 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

FYI, some other websites that Mike was/is involved in from what it seems:

freedivingunlimited.com
h2ocamerarentals.com
whitesharkimaging.com
riffespeargear.com

If those sites are up (one is still up, so it seems) or become active again you may want to check to see who is involved with them. I have kept quiet and out of the thread, but I have had similar (negative) experiences with Mike. Like Coastal Rick, Mike sold my equipment and the money appears to be gone.

#75 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

I second Drew's suggestion that Luzansky be reported for internet fraud. In case it helps, the public WHOIS information shows this, as contact information:

##################
Registrant:
Mike Luzansky
14 monarch bay plaza
monarch beach, California 92629
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: WHITESHARKIMAGING.COM
Created on: 23-Dec-10
Expires on: 23-Dec-11
Last Updated on: 23-Dec-10

Administrative Contact:
Luzansky, Mike mike@h2ophotopros.com
14 monarch bay plaza
United States
(818) 535-3251

Technical Contact:
14 monarch bay plaza
United States
(818) 535-3251

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.SECURE.NET
NS2.SECURE.NET

Registrant:
H2O Photo Pros

2429 W. Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, California 92663
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: FREEDIVINGUNLIMITED.COM
Created on: 26-Sep-06
Expires on: 26-Sep-11
Last Updated on: 04-Oct-10

Administrative Contact:
2429 W. Coast Hwy
United States

Technical Contact:
2429 W. Coast Hwy
United States

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.SECURE.NET
NS2.SECURE.NET

Registration Service Provided By: Enom, Inc
Visit: www.enom.com

Domain name: h2ophotopros.com

Registrant Contact:
H2O Photo Pros
Michael Luzansky ()

Fax:
2429 West Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92663
US

Administrative Contact:
H2O Photo Pros
Michael Luzansky (mike@h2ophotopros.com)
+1.9496422900
Fax:
2429 West Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92663
US

Technical Contact:
H2O Photo Pros
Michael Luzansky (mike@h2ophotopros.com)
+1.9496422900
Fax:
2429 West Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92663
US

Name Servers:
NS1.SECURE.NET
NS2.SECURE.NET

Creation date: 17 Aug 2004 09:33:07
Expiration date: 17 Aug 2011 00:00:00

eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#76 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10645 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

I've removed all of his ads in the classifieds. Anyone who bought from him via the classifieds and have not received their goods, please feel free to contact the staff and we will make sure you get a copy of his ad if needed.
I again appeal to all who have been cheated by H2O Photo pros to report them to ICCC so there is a file created on the FBI about him and the company. If you don't make the effort to help protect your fellow members, then all these fraudsters will continue scamming other people.

Drew

#77 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2856 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

Seriously, all those aggrieved must make a report to the ICCC for internet fraud.

Filed. To all considering doing so, it only takes a couple of minutes. They will ask for what "evidence" that is available, so it is a good idea to have dates on emails, phone records, etc. available ahead of time.

#78 MK2

MK2

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:12 AM

I've removed all of his ads in the classifieds. Anyone who bought from him via the classifieds and have not received their goods, please feel free to contact the staff and we will make sure you get a copy of his ad if needed.
I again appeal to all who have been cheated by H2O Photo pros to report them to ICCC so there is a file created on the FBI about him and the company. If you don't make the effort to help protect your fellow members, then all these fraudsters will continue scamming other people.

Is Mike back in business??? http://h2ocamerarentals.com/

Edited by MK2, 25 March 2011 - 02:21 PM.

Pelagic Visions Imaging

Blue H2O Cozumel Watersports

http://padiowsi.wix.com/blueh2ocozumel

#79 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

Yep, it leads straight back to the H20 site which is down. I would avoid this like the plague.

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#80 secretsea18

secretsea18

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

Here are the T&C from H2Ocamerarentals.com. Just for posterity, for future use if needed.

Posted Image <h1 style="color: orange; position: relative; bottom: 65px; left: 20px;">H2O Camera Rentals' Equipment Rental Agreement</h1> These terms and conditions form the rental contract (the “Rental Contract”) between you (“Lessee”) and H2O Photo Pros (“Lessor”), and apply to all the equipment rented by Lessee.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. “Equipment” means all types of housings or equipment or other supplies rented to Lessee under the rental Contract. Lessee will have an opportunity to test and examine the Equipment to determine that the Equipment is in good working order. Lessee may test the Equipment before leaving the rental facility and any discrepancies reported to the Lessor before the Rental Contract(s) or rental orders are signed.

2. Lessee agrees to defend, indemnify and hold lessor free and harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, costs and out of pocket expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of, or in connection with the equipment leased , its use or transportation, or out of operations conducted by Lessee, its agents, sublessees, employees, contractors, representatives, guests, invitees, or customers, including, but not limited to , active and/or passive negligence, save and except claims or litigation arising through the sole negligence or sole willful misconduct of Lessor.

3. Lessee is considered to have taken delivery of the equipment is set aside from the time the equipment is set aside from Lessor’s general inventory for Lessee’s use. From the time Lessee takes delivery of the equipment lease, until the equipment is returned to Lessor during normal business hours and Lessor accepts the equipment, Lessee assumes all risks of loss and all risks and losses while on Lessee’s premises.

4. Lessee will take all necessary precautions in regard to the use of the equipment leased to protect all persons and property from injury or damage. The equipment leased shall be used only by Lessee’s employees or agents qualified to use such equipment.

5. Lessee warrants that it will not sublease any of the equipment leased without the prior written consent of Lessor.

6. Lessee acknowledges that the equipment is leased without warranty, or guarantee, except as required by law.

7. Lessee shall, at its own expense, maintain at all times during the lease all risk perils insurance covering the equipment leased from for full replacement cost, except vehicles and for loss of use (lease value) of the equipment. Coverage shall begin from the time Lessee or its agents take delivery of the equipment and continue until the time the equipment is returned to and accepted by Lessor. Such insurance shall be on a worldwide basis, name Lessor as the loss payee for loss or damage to the equipment leased and cover all risks of loss of, or damage to the equipment.

8. Before obtaining possession of the equipment, Lessee shall provide to Lessor a certificate of insurance and applicable endorsements confirming each of the coverages specified above. All certificates shall be signed by an authorized agent or representative of the insurance carrier.

9. Should Lessee fail to procure or pay the cost of maintaining in force the insurance specified herein, or to provide Lessor upon request with satisfactory evidence of the insurance, Lessor may, but shall not be obligated to, procure the insurance and Lessee shall reimburse Lessor on demand for its costs. Lapse or cancellation of the required insurance shall be deemed to be an immediate and automatic default of this agreement.

10. Lessee hereby agrees to strictly comply with the laws of the State in which the equipment is transported and/or used as well as all federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances pertaining to the transportation and use of such equipment. Lessee warrants and represents that it is fully aware of any and all dangers and risks, patent as well as latent, involved in the use, transportation and handling of the equipment leased.

11. Lessee shall be responsible to Lessor for the full replacement costs, without depreciation, or repair costs of all equipment leased which is lost, stolen, or damaged. In the event the equipment leased is lost or stolen, Lessee shall file a police report. Lessor shall be under no obligation to replace or repair equipment until Lessee has paid for the damaged, lost or stolen equipment. In such event, the rental fees for the subject equipment shall continue to accrue until the Lessee has paid for the lost, damaged or stolen equipment or until repairs are completed. Lessor’s determination whether the damaged equipment shall be replaced or repaired shall be conclusive. Accrued rental charges shall not be applied against the purchase price or cost of repairs of the lost, stolen or damaged equipment.

12. Lessee hereby agrees that Lessor shall be subrogated to any recovery rights Lessee may have for damage to the equipment leased in the form of insurance protection for such damage.

13. The price of rental of the equipment shall be set forth in the rental order.

14. Rental invoices are payable upon receipt of invoice at time of equipment delivery to Lessee, unless a different payment schedule is agreed upon in writing. Payments not paid within agreed terms shall be considered past due and a late charge may be assessed. Lessee agrees to pay attorneys’ fees and collection costs in the event it is deemed necessary by Lessor to pursue collection of past due accounts through a collection agency or by an attorney.

15. There may be minimum charges or minimum rental periods. Lessor is entitled to compensation, not to exceed the amount due for the proposed rental period, in the event of cancellation of all or part of an order unless Lessor agrees otherwise.

16. Lessee must return the equipment on the date specified in the rental order or be subject to additional charges. A full additional day’s rental will be charged for each day equipment is not returned after the date specified for the return of the equipment.

17. This agreement shall remain in effect for the remainder of the calendar year from the date first signed by Lessee.

18. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. Lessee agrees to jurisdiction over any dispute in the courts of the State of California and to venue in Orange County, California. Lessee is authorized to enter into this agreement. If for any reason Lessee does not have insurance coverage adequate to cover any damages to the equipment and lost profits to Lessor, Lessee agrees to be liable for such damages.

[/quote]