128 replies to this topic

#81 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:31 AM

Someone wrote to me and suggested that I post links to Mike Luzansky's latest ventures, Hang 11 Productions and Everest Social Media.

Hang 11 Productions: https://www.facebook...130218057049712
Everest Social Media: https://www.facebook...restsocialmedia and http://everestsocialmedia.com/
Twitter: @EverestSocial

Buyer beware!
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#82 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

Well, apparently he is still in NewPort Beach,CA. I do hope that some of the people who got ripped off by Mike L. have filed fraud charges as recommended by Eric. If so, I hope you will post how the issue was or was not ameliorated.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#83 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

I have his cell number but not sure whether it is still good or not or whether it should be posted. I will leave that up to you folk. No action on those facebook sites since mid April
Steve

Edited by Steve Douglas, 29 May 2011 - 12:51 PM.

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#84 reefseeker

reefseeker

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:07 AM

Sounds like a pretty good reason to use your local distributor to me.

That is funny, he is my local distributor.. well guess was..
always had a feeling this day would come.

#85 reefseeker

reefseeker

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:12 AM

I am in their backyard and it made no difference. I played nice and then after months I got aggressive. it worked but I had a very poor experience. I never did get what i ordered. I ended up with a great product but I think it was just to keep me quiet. After reading these complaints I think I was wrong to stay quiet.

LOL ... in the same boat.. your not alone...

#86 reefseeker

reefseeker

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:50 AM

I'm another "former" H2Ophotopro customer who got hosed...they sold a Gates housing for me - however, I never got paid! I got tons of excuses during the last month before they well out of business. Bought about $6,000 of stuff from Mike when he first opened in NB. Hoped he was going to make a go of it, however, all we got in the last six months was promises. If he sticks his head up again hope someone will post the info on this forum to insure that "we" can file action against him!

Registrant:
Mike Luzansky
14 monarch bay plaza
monarch beach, California 92629
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: HANG11PRODUCTIONS.COM
Created on: 11-Feb-11
Expires on: 11-Feb-12
Last Updated on: 11-Feb-11

Administrative Contact:
Luzansky, Mike mike@h2ophotopros.com
14 monarch bay plaza
United States
(818) 535-3251

Technical Contact:
Luzansky, Mike mike@h2ophotopros.com
14 monarch bay plaza
United States
(818) 535-3251

#87 Greg Mossman

Greg Mossman

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:30 PM

Add one more complaint to the rest, just noticed this thread tonight. No fraud, just incredibly lousy customer service. Delays, ordered wrong parts, finally he just ignored me, didn't respond to e-mails or phone calls trying to follow-up on several promises he made about my $7K purchase so I ended up having to deal with Light & Motion directly and almost got screwed since one accessory that I had supposedly been placed by Mike on a waiting list for, was already out of production and they had no record of me on any wait list (Backscatter ended up saving the day).

At first I was dismayed to see his business apparently taking off over the past years, but now I'm elated to find out he's going/gone under. What comes around...

(Steve: I sent you an e-mail)

#88 wwalker

wwalker

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

I am wondering about anyone had an issue with H20photo?
I have some equipment issues and need assistance

I've had a couple of interactions with Mike from H20photo Pros and he was pretty honest and up front with me about everything. I found him to be a good guy. He is very knowledgeable and has been helpful to me.

#89 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10632 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:02 AM

I've had a couple of interactions with Mike from H20photo Pros and he was pretty honest and up front with me about everything. I found him to be a good guy. He is very knowledgeable and has been helpful to me.

Wwalker, when was this? Given how the thread and information about Mike has ripped off so many people (including a personal friend of mine), I'm not sure he's that helpful right now.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#90 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

Checked into this thread from Costa Rica where Steve Williams and I and the rest of my guests board the Okeanos tomorrow for the Cocos. The more I think of this the greater sadness I feel for those ripped off by Mike who portrayed himself on wetpixel over the last few years as a real professional when I knew that was not the case at all. Just because you open a business doesn't make you a shooting pro or expert. I warned him of this about 3 years ago when I started getting emails from readers complaining about Mike's lack of being true to his word. He ignored me apparently and when Andy Solomon broke ties with H20 as a dealership it came after about 3 months after I told Mike to take me off his site as one of their 'Pros'. It was downhill from there for Mike. I would be surprised if he ever shows his face again at DEMA or any of the dive shows.
Fortunately, his type of scam doesn't occur too frequently and most people on Wetpixel and other dive sites are very honest. I have both bought and sold on Wetpixel without a complaint about or from anyone so congratulations to the 99.9% of the honest divers and shops that come here on a regular basis.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#91 MK2

MK2

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Checked into this thread from Costa Rica where Steve Williams and I and the rest of my guests board the Okeanos tomorrow for the Cocos. The more I think of this the greater sadness I feel for those ripped off by Mike who portrayed himself on wetpixel over the last few years as a real professional when I knew that was not the case at all. Just because you open a business doesn't make you a shooting pro or expert. I warned him of this about 3 years ago when I started getting emails from readers complaining about Mike's lack of being true to his word. He ignored me apparently and when Andy Solomon broke ties with H20 as a dealership it came after about 3 months after I told Mike to take me off his site as one of their 'Pros'. It was downhill from there for Mike. I would be surprised if he ever shows his face again at DEMA or any of the dive shows.
Fortunately, his type of scam doesn't occur too frequently and most people on Wetpixel and other dive sites are very honest. I have both bought and sold on Wetpixel without a complaint about or from anyone so congratulations to the 99.9% of the honest divers and shops that come here on a regular basis.
Steve

I don't know if this is old or current data about Mike, but is he in business again?

http://www.manta.com.../h20-photo-pros

Pelagic Visions Imaging

Blue H2O Cozumel Watersports

http://padiowsi.wix.com/blueh2ocozumel

#92 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:23 AM

Wetpixel were cool to take the H2oPhoto Pros ad money though for sure eh? I find the public lynching of a past advertising client on this website by its 'inner circle' to be gross. Show's true character. So what if Mike had some business issues, whose business is it to lynch the guy in public? Let those with the claims against him raise them through the right channels. If they choose not to that's their problem. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Kicking people when they're down, shows true character.

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -

#93 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 1749 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:17 AM

I assume that this is some kind of a Christmas wind-up.

Factually:

Wetpixel were not aware of Mike's business practices when he took out advertising with us. He actually owes us still for some of it. When we became became of the situation, his advertising was terminated. If he didn't still owe us for it, we would have refunded his balance!

No-one at Wetpixel has presented anything other than the facts. Others may well have added their opinions. The facts are that Mike took a lot of money from a lot of people, including Wetpixel. This will tend to upset those people.

We have repeatedly invited him to comment, formally and informally. He has chosen not to do so.

In the light of this, it only seems fair to make people aware that he may not be someone with which they may chose to do business.

No-one is kicking anybody.

Just think that I ought to point out that this thread's last post was in November (prior to yours). I think you may well have re-opened the whole affair...

All the best.

Adam

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#94 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:58 AM

I personally think it would show a lot more leadership and maturity to the forum members as a whole if the administration refrained from taking an active role in the castigation of Mike, irrespective of what he may or may not have done in his business undertakings.

Pure and simple.

#95 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 1749 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

You are entitled to hold and express your opinion of course.

However, if you were someone who lost money due to us not having informed people about Mike's business practices, I would expect your opinion would be somewhat different.

I don't think any Wetpixel staff are guilty of personal attacks on Mike, only of his business practices.

Wetpixel has a role to provide news and information pertinent to forum members and we will continue to attempt to do so.

Adam

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#96 focker

focker

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

I personally think it would show a lot more leadership and maturity to the forum members as a whole if the administration refrained from taking an active role in the castigation of Mike, irrespective of what he may or may not have done in his business undertakings.

Pure and simple.

I am not sure which way to respond to all of this but I'll let other members pick:
A. Good leadership is stepping up and helping protect members who stand a good chance of getting burned by someone who has track record of burning MANY people.
B. I am person who got burned (but luckily had my credit card company make me whole again) and am glad everyone here including forum Admins are helping to keep this from happening to others.
C. I am wondering if your sudden forum postings regarding this subject would indicate you both had quite a Christmas Eve together.
D. All of the above.
Nauticam 550 w/ T2i - Zen 100 - Inon Z240 - Tokina 10-17 - Canon 60mm - Sola 600

#97 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

I am not sure which way to respond to all of this but I'll let other members pick:
A. Good leadership is stepping up and helping protect members who stand a good chance of getting burned by someone who has track record of burning MANY people.
B. I am person who got burned (but luckily had my credit card company make me whole again) and am glad everyone here including forum Admins are helping to keep this from happening to others.
C. I am wondering if your sudden forum postings regarding this subject would indicate you both had quite a Christmas Eve together.
D. All of the above.

I see it a different way. The admins and especially the owner of this site have a huge responsibility with regards to maintaining decorum here. Irrespective as to whether they had a personal or business encounter to the detriment of positive with the failed business. Their influence alone is suffice to sway the opinions on a character of many thousands of members here who had no understanding of Mike or his business, therefore turning this into nothing less than a playground kicking.

I'm sorry to hear that you were one of the unfortunate ones but you should take that experience up with the relevant authorities instead of bleating about it here in public. God forbid if any one member of this site has any reason to be castigated, if the admins or others find out about any error in business judgement or undertaking relating either directly or indirectly to this site or underwater photography/imaging in general. It seems they're quite happy for the witch hunts to take place publicly within the pages of this service.

Your comment regarding Christmas Eve is quite pathetic. I live in Bali and don't check this site often. Am I now to be scorned due to my infrequent visits to a site that I once held in a lot higher regard?

Cheers,
Mark.

#98 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2855 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

This may not be the same Mike L that you are friends with, but if it is you can ask him to clarify things an also ask him when I am getting my money back. (EDIT: Dean indicates it may be a different Mike perhaps, so I apologize if it is.)

Attached Images

• what.png

#99 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

I didn't know you were Mikes secretary Marky ... :)

I just checked to see if I was still a FB friend of Mikes (as I were back in the old days when he was in favour) and he must have blocked me as the name on Drews link doesn't exist ??? The only other Mike Luzansky I can find has one mutual and that's Jason Heller ... Although I do see him on DVXUSER now and again

Dean
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#100 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10632 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

I see it a different way. The admins and especially the owner of this site have a huge responsibility with regards to maintaining decorum here. Irrespective as to whether they had a personal or business encounter to the detriment of positive with the failed business. Their influence alone is suffice to sway the opinions on a character of many thousands of members here who had no understanding of Mike or his business, therefore turning this into nothing less than a playground kicking.

I'm sorry to hear that you were one of the unfortunate ones but you should take that experience up with the relevant authorities instead of bleating about it here in public. God forbid if any one member of this site has any reason to be castigated, if the admins or others find out about any error in business judgement or undertaking relating either directly or indirectly to this site or underwater photography/imaging in general. It seems they're quite happy for the witch hunts to take place publicly within the pages of this service.

Mark,
Let me try understand what you are saying. Mike took orders and accepted money for goods he could not/had no intention of supplying. That's internet fraud. I assume you've read the entire thread. I'd like to know where in this thread or any other part of WP do you see where the admin staff was unfair or promoted anything except reporting Luzansky to the authorities if they were affected. The owner of this site posts the activities of Mike in 1 post. I really fail to see how it is a "playground kicking"? Everything has been factual and most people in the thread reported being duped by Luzansky. And there are even posts supporting Mike scattered around. Please explain to me how we've wronged Mr Luzansky or you?

You're right in one aspect, in that no one but Luzansky knows how it all happened. Regardless, it does not justify what happened to his customers by his actions, does it? It's laudable that you are trying to defend your "mate's" reputation. However, your actions aren't doing him any favors.

Luzansky's name came up as connected to Hollywood Diver's new websites, which were purchased from Mr Luzansky. Even though he remained part of the web team. I was the one who notified Hal of Hollywood Divers by phone, who ostensibly notified Luzansky that his ex exposed him on WP. We then took the posts off because it was detrimental to the board. However, I'd be very happy to replace those posts to remain neutral.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.